Forest Whitaker IS Zuri

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
Marvel said:
Academy Award-winning actor Forest Whitaker has joined the cast of Marvel Studios’ "Black Panther." The film, directed by Ryan Coogler ("Fruitvale Station," "Creed"), has also added Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, and Florence Kasumba to an all-star lineup that includes Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa, ruler of Wakanda, and Michael B. Jordan as Erik Killmonger, plus Lupita Nyong’o as Nakia and Danai Gurira as Okoye, members of the fierce Dora Milaje.

Whitaker ("Roots," Lee Daniels’ "The Butler," "The Last King of Scotland") will play the role of Zuri, an elder stateman in Wakanda. Whitaker appears in this year’s "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" as fringe Rebel leader Saw Gerrera, and he’ll be seen in "The Forgiven" as famed activist Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Head of the Turth and Reconciliation Commission in post-apartheid South Africa.

Marvel

tumblr_inline_n17jvdeRIJ1qjknlo.gif

I saw the headline of Forest Whitaker and went "he's good, I approve." I come here and see he's Zuri and go "HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME!!!"

I fell off my chair when I heard this news. This film's cast is f*****g amazing!

God damn Marvel knows how to get iconic actors to take part in their movies. I'm looking forward to Black Panther even more now, with such a talented cast (and a director). He was badass in CW too.

There's one of the big names I expect Marvel to pull in for this film. Bet he does a variation of his accent from The Last King of Scotland although I could easily see him incorporate some of the stuff that Kani and Boseman did in CW.

Perfect casting choice as Zuri in my opinion...it seems Marvel are pulling out all the stops

Perfect casting choice as Zuri in my opinion...it seems Marvel are pulling out all the stops
Marvel knows how important this film is so I think they'll get a couple more big names to help drive people to see this.

This is PERFECT casting for Zuri! Now I'm just crossing my fingers that Hunter and Ross will complete the cast.

Whitaker is a nice get, but not who I would've seen as Zuri. Zuri's typically been more of an imposing, bodyguard type.

I could've seen Kevin Grevioux in the role perfectly or even Cornell John (credited as 'Attache' in Civil War) being named as Zuri, similar to Kasumba going from 'Security Chief' to officially Ayo in Black Panther.

I'd wager a guess that MCU Zuri might be a melding of 616 Zuri and N'gassi.

I didn't even recognise Whittaker when I saw him in the trailer!

He's a good get though. You kind of need his gentleness

I didn't notice him in the trailer either.

I'm just glad he sounds nothing like his laughable character from Rogue One.

I didn't even notice him in the trailer either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"