Do you think Fantastic Four has a chance to can be seen a successful movie series?

First Class and The Wolverine were IMHO great and good films respectively so my answer to the question is yes.

Yeah since Tom Rothman left FOX there handling of X-Men changed dramatically... Just look at the promotional material for The Wolverine and DOFP. There posters have been amazing only TDK comes close in terms of just awesome posters.

The Wolverine felt much more wider in scope then the previous entries, since a lot of it was on location unlike the cheap sets in Origins. First Class was simply awesome. And we seeing FOX put a lot more trust in their film makers, taking a lot more risks.

So yes FF can be fantastic, for the simple reason that this not the same FOX studios that pushed fore more mutants in Last Stand n Origins. They want there comic boom properties to work, coz they want $1 Billion as well!

I would like to see this film succeed as a Stan Lee inspired franchise. Use all the original FF villains and adapt the essential elements of Lee's run from the books into a trilogy. We need better actors, more complex plotlines and a cohesive, cumulative and overaching story.

I would like to see this film succeed as a Stan Lee inspired franchise. Use all the original FF villains and adapt the essential elements of Lee's run from the books into a trilogy. We need better actors, more complex plotlines and a cohesive, cumulative and overaching story.

I'm still waiting for a comic-book film that really captures, as closely as possible, the feel of the original comics.

Some modifications have to be made, but I think it's possible to get a lot closer than we've gotten so far. I'd love for this to be the movie that really gets it right. Seeing some of Kirby's designs on the screen would be amazing.

I would like to see a much better and darker tale of the Fantastic Four leading to the Future Foundation movie later on. The only thing I don't want to see in the FF movie is:

1: Lower version of Doom like the other movie
2: I dont want to see Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm, i for one am okay with change but i am getting tired of seeing good characters turned black just to make other black people happy. There are many black heroes they can use in a movie to play. I am not racicst i have black friends but i just dont want to see this done in the movie. They might as well make Mr. Fantastic mexican and Sue Chinese and Thing a sumo wrestler if they want to **** it up.

I would like to see a much better and darker tale of the Fantastic Four leading to the Future Foundation movie later on. The only thing I don't want to see in the FF movie is:

2: I dont want to see Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm, i for one am okay with change but i am getting tired of seeing good characters turned black just to make other black people happy. There are many black heroes they can use in a movie to play. I am not racicst i have black friends but i just dont want to see this done in the movie. They might as well make Mr. Fantastic mexican and Sue Chinese and Thing a sumo wrestler if they want to **** it up.
:doh:I'm black and I hate this idea.

Though I agree with you your word usage is kind of not well thought out. And anyone who has to say "I'm not a racist" before they continue there statement means they know they shouldn't say what they are about to say in the way they are about to say it. Just saying...

As I mentioned before in the FLAME ON! thread i think, race doesn't come into it, it is about capturing the character, not about pandering to a minority who think race changes are cool. If Michael B. Jordan cared about faithfulness to a property he would turn the role down!

To Silver Lantern, calm down! No one thinks anyone is racist just because they believe characters shouldn't change race!

Everyone is a little to a point but all i see is a great character being changed from what the character is. I say leave the Fantastic Four the way it is supposed to be and quit changing characters races just for the sake of it. There are many chaaracters that would be good like Black Panther, Steel, Green Lantern (Stewart), Luke Cage, Aqualad, Batwing, Black Lightning, Static shock, and many more characters that are black that would be awsome movies live action and some remakes like Steel. I am for sharing the screentime with all races from white, black, japanese, etc but lets quit changing very well loved characters just to make a buck.

no it cannot
Why not.I believe if done right the FF could be as big as any of the other big Marvel franchises.The key is if it's done right,or do you mean it can't be successful at FOX?Because a good FF has massive potential imo.

Why not.I believe if done right the FF could be as big as any of the other big Marvel franchises.The key is if it's done right,or do you mean it can't be successful at FOX?Because a good FF has massive potential imo.

What I mean, is that i order for the FF to be successful, you would have to drastically alter the fundamental concepts that make them the Fantastic Four. Strip away the family aspect, darken the territory etc.

^If that's the case they are already going down that road and Avengers did not have to do this and it's the biggest movie ever so I don't see your logic holding up.

What I mean, is that i order for the FF to be successful, you would have to drastically alter the fundamental concepts that make them the Fantastic Four. Strip away the family aspect, darken the territory etc.

I don't know the exact numbers, but historically speaking, FF has to be in the top five of Marvel properties in terms of popularity. That popularity is because the characters and stories work.

Since the other, comparable, Marvel properties have been very successful without making them much 'darker' than they were originally, I don't see any reason why the FF can't be successful with a faithful film.

Judging by all the poorly perceived rumors circling this reboot and how Fox completely snubbed F4 at SDCC I doubt there's any real faith in this film behind the scenes. Otherwise they would've at lease said that the script is coming along nicely.

Hell, if The Wolverine can barely keep up with FC then what chance does an unwanted reboot have that's releasing in March have?

it CAN be successful

but from what i've been hearing about this movie in terms of casting rumors, i think it's going to be a flop

mj-laughing.gif

^If that's the case they are already going down that road and Avengers did not have to do this and it's the biggest movie ever so I don't see your logic holding up.

Avengers featured Hulk,Iron Man,Thor,Captain America etc teaming up to stop a evil God and save the world. The movie was set up buy previous successful movies.

I don't know the exact numbers, but historically speaking, FF has to be in the top five of Marvel properties in terms of popularity. That popularity is because the characters and stories work.

Since the other, comparable, Marvel properties have been very successful without making them much 'darker' than they were originally, I don't see any reason why the FF can't be successful with a faithful film.

Um so if that idea hold true, why were the the first 2 FF movies extremly poorly recieved and underperformed?

what have you heard about casting? Enlighten us!

nothing, thats the point, besides Mike B Jordan might be up for the white Johnny storm, sue is going to be white somehow....a young broadway actor was rumored to be up for Mr.Fantastic. This movie is like Duke Nukem Forever...only a lot of people don't care.

Um so if that idea hold true, why were the the first 2 FF movies extremly poorly recieved and underperformed?

Because they weren't faithful to the comics and were deeply flawed in ways that had nothing to do with the original comics.

Because they weren't faithful to the comics and were deeply flawed in ways that had nothing to do with the original comics.

How were they not faithful, save for the galactus crap? I mean 60s FF comics were cheesy as hell, and treated sue storm like an idiot.

I started reading Jack Kirby's run in Fantastic Four years after the films and i have to say, they were amazing, i'm sorry but 60s FF was way more advanced and imaginative, the films didn't even scratch the surfasse of that awesomeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"