Expanding the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Sony and Fox

Supermanreturns

Civilian
Reaction score
I do think that if Marvel Studios wants can make some agreements with Sony and Fox to tie-in their movies in Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I don't think that Wolverine or Spider-Man must show in The Avengers or Iron Man in a Spider-Man's movie. But some easter eggs here and there or said that they're parts of the Marvel Cinematic Universe it will be good.

They can make a "Phase Zero", the movies set before "Iron Man" (2008). I think at:
- X-Men
- X-Men 2
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- X-Men: First Class
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine

- Ghost Rider
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
(only if Sony wants to make other GR's movies)

- Blade
- Blade II
- Blade: Trinity

Post Phase One:

- The Wolverine
- X-Men: Days of future past

- The Amazing Spider-Man
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2

- Josh Trank's Fantastic Four

I believe this is possible. Fox can continue to make their movies, Sony can continue to make their movies and Marvel Studios too but they're all in the same universe. Only that X-Men have their affair, Spider-Man his affair and Avengers their affairs.

(I believe that Blade don't need a reboot, so i count the trilogy as Marvel Cinematic Universe).

The movies that i have excluded I think they are more like standalones or similiar to graphic-novels (so not integrated in the continuity):

- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man 2
- Spider-Man 3
- Hulk
- The Punisher
- Punisher: War Zone
- Fantastic Four
- Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
- Daredevil
- Elektra
- Man-Thing

Until they reboot the X-men I don't see Marvel wanting stuff like X3 or XOW attached to their MCU in any way. Spidey just rebooted so that could work. However FF while being rebooted is now going to be compromised by getting attached to the existing X-Men mess. Had XMFC been a true reboot then all this would have been possible but Singer has a death grip on that franchise over there at Fox. He won't let go nearly as easily as Raimi did.

Can I just ask why you want movies like Ghost Rider included in the MCU?

I think that more recently Sony and Fox have got the right idea with rebooting to find a tone similar to The Avengers. I like the idea of Amazing Spider-Man as a part of the MCU and I will hold out hope for the Fantastic Four reboot, but other than that leave Fox and Sony to writhe and wriggle with their X-Men and Ghost Rider franchises.

I wonder just how long Fox will go till they up and reboot their X-Men universe. I still say XMFC was the perfect opportunity but they blew it.

Why does Marvel/Disney want to share the MCU with these other studios? What good does it do for Marvel/Disney to share? What is the upside? "Oh boy, we get to include Spiderman in the MCU!" So? The MCU is doing just fine without the properties currently housed at other studios, so from a purely business perspective, why include them?

Marvel/Disney is in the position of power for including these other characters in the MCU, because Marvel/Disney owns the MCU. They will not pay to bring Spiderman or whatever properties back, it will be the other way around. Spiderman will only get bigger with an inclusion in the MCU while the MCU will keep plugging along like nothing changed.

This is Marvel's pie and it will be up to them if they want to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"