Francis Ford Coppola's Twixt

this is such a cool sounding movie, i can't wait to see this. ah coppola, how i've missed you.

The whole tour thing sounds nuts! Has it been anounced which 30 cities they will be going to ?

The whole tour thing sounds nuts! Has it been anounced which 30 cities they will be going to ?

Unfortunately, I just found out that the road show plan is still in the planning stages. But the idea of it is thrilling, so I hope it happens.

Here's a quote from Coppola:

“The road show is a little misunderstood,” admits Coppola. “My idea originally was like a month before Halloween to go out with music composer Dan [Deacon] and maybe hit seven cities and do live performances. I’m fascinated by the idea of a live performance of a film. It was technically impossible before. When I looked, I realized studios had booked all the theaters, so maybe I’d have to do it in the spring. I thought this film might be appropriate. This isn’t really an interactive film, I’d call it more malleable. Interactive is when the script has [questions like] ‘Does he go in that door?’”

Ideally, these shows would be in a large venue, possibly even outdoors. “I’d love to do it with three screens, [but] it’s economics,” Coppola said. “The Brooklyn Academy of Music I could do it, the Wiltern, I could do it at the Hollywood Bowl. The way I see it is I’d have three screens and I’d have Dan and a percussionist at least. I’d like to have two percussionists. I would be in the orchestra pit and I would welcome the audience. That’s what I screwed up today because when we did the live version I forgot that I have to do the narration. Tom Waits did it for the finished movie. I didn’t have the light on for the lines, so I had to stop it and go back. It’s different with the whole movie than with a seven minute promo because I could really tailor the movie. If the audience was enjoying something, I could make it be longer.”

Source

twixt-kilmer.jpg

twixt-kilmer1.jpg

twixt-kilmer-fanning.jpg

...is that like the ghost of Poe or something?

Looks awesome.

Yeah, that's the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe, who I believe will help Kilmer's character with the murder mystery.

Posters:

5979721333_b2c1b95a86_o.jpg
5980279424_d840fa4505_o.jpg

5979721659_2811631534_o.jpg
5980279694_e7101dc4f3_o.jpg

Source

This is surprising . I think it looks really interesting so far.

Trailer:

[YT]CtLHPKigPc4[/YT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLHPKigPc4

Hmm, I'm not sure this is what I expected. You could see by the (badly edited) trailer that it's low-budget, but since the film is self-financed, it's understandable.

At least, the dark dream scenes looks exciting with the ghastly vibe. I'm still looking forward to this as I'm a huge fan of Coppola.

Last edited:
reminds me of Alan Wake in some parts

the game follows a thriller novelist

I think it looks dreadful, like some low rent Burton rip-off.

I'm liking the Twin Peaks-esque vibe I'm getting from the town Kilmer's character is in. However the trailer I didn't like that much (the second part is an improvement though), it's too long with no sense of pacing and the editing is a bit of a mess since it's not being clear on the tone of the film.

I was expecting a mystical and horror film but judging from the trailer it looks to be quite lighthearted with some creepy moments during the dreams scenes, but that could be just scratching the surface, who knows? It could be more horror stuff they're not showing in the trailer. Regardless I'm still looking forward to this and it's going to be interesting to see the end results.

Yep, the movie has gotten bad reviews from the critics but reading in various places the audiences seems to like it, so the movie appears to divide people.

Anyway, my excitement for this movie has lessen.

This is what I was afraid of. The synopsis sounded great. The cast is eccentrically excellent. Then that trailer landed with a thud. I read the second review first and it sounded like a 1st grader wrote it (complete to whining about a protagonist who wasn't a boy scout), but joblo's sounds very believable and disheartening. So sad.

I'll still see it, but I may just wait for the rental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"