Frasier revival in the works (Paramount +)

Her and Frasier got along much better as friends than they did as a married couple, especially in the episode where they did not know that they were each other's blind date.
I think I read that Lilith was originally endgame at one point, but the writers chose them to stay divorced.

Frasier without Niles, Martin (rip), and Daphne is like trying to redo Seinfeld without George, Kramer, and Elaine. Yes, Kelsey is the star, but the supporting cast is what makes the show.

Frasier without Niles, Martin (rip), and Daphne is like trying to redo Seinfeld without George, Kramer, and Elaine. Yes, Kelsey is the star, but the supporting cast is what makes the show.
Jerry is crazy enough to pull it off. :o

Wasn't the child of Niles and Daphne going to appear on the show? If that's the case, I can see Jane Leeves returning as Daphne.
apparently David goes to Harvard as Frasier becomes a professor. I think.

A few things I hope they address:
- How he is back in Boston, because when we last saw him, I think he was headed to San Francisco but instead went to Chicago to chase after Laura Linney.
- He apparently has a new hangout in Boston, so I hope they address what happened to Cheers. My theory on this is that
Sam sold the bar for a good amount of money and used part of that money to open an outdoor bar in Hawaii. Carla hears this and threatens to cut Sam's ears off if he doesn't allow her to join him. Sam allows Carla to join him. Woody has since left Cheers, but still lives in Boston with Kelly and was a regular customer at Cheers until Sam sold the bar. By this time, both of Woody's children are out to college so, he and Kelly travel the country. Norm and Cliff (as well as Paul) still frequent Cheers, even with new ownership. With all the latest technology, the gang still keeps in contact. Haven't figured out what happened to Rebecca
- What happened to Martin and Eddie?
- What Roz has been doing in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
apparently David goes to Harvard as Frasier becomes a professor. I think.

If that is true, there's a good chance we see Daphne, since David Hyde Pearce isn't coming back.

I also remember an entire episode devoted to naming David.

Last edited:
Second Theory, one based on the fact that Roz is coming back

She is visiting Alice in Boston, who would now be 25. There would have to be a reason for her to be in Boston other than seeing Frasier.

- How he is back in Boston, because when we last saw him, I think he was headed to San Francisco but instead went to Charlotte to chase after Laura Linney.
- He apparently has a new hangout in Boston, so I hope they address what happened to Cheers. My theory on this is that
Sam sold the bar for a good amount of money and used part of that money to open an outdoor bar in Hawaii. Carla hears this and threatens to cut Sam's ears off if he doesn't allow her to join him. Sam allows Carla to join him. Woody has since left Cheers, but still lives in Boston with Kelly and was a regular customer at Cheers until Sam sold the bar. By this time, both of Woody's children are out to college so, he and Kelly travel the country. Norm and Cliff (as well as Paul) still frequent Cheers, even with new ownership. With all the latest technology, the gang still keeps in contact. Haven't figured out what happened to Rebecca

I thought he went to Chicago not Charlotte.

But a lot can happen in 20 years. It obviously didn't work out and he had no reason to stay there. There's any number of reasons to move back to Boston in that time.

I thought he went to Chicago not Charlotte.

But a lot can happen in 20 years. It obviously didn't work out and he had no reason to stay there. There's any number of reasons to move back to Boston in that time.
Sadly looks like that appeas to not have worked out. I liked Faye and Claire more than Charlotte, but I think the problem was not enough time was given for her arc. Also she scammed Frasier out of $10,000 when they first met.

So David is confirmed for the series, and he is either another roommate of Freddie's or a frequent guest of Freddie's. However, neither David Hyde Pearce or Jane Leeves are returning, at least according to Kelsey Grammar.

So it's been reported that Peri Gilpin returns as Roz. With Frasier back in Boston, she could be there to visit him, or maybe her daughter Alice (who would be 25) lives in Boston now.

So David is confirmed for the series, and he is either another roommate of Freddie's or a frequent guest of Freddie's. However, neither David Hyde Pearce or Jane Leeves are returning, at least according to Kelsey Grammar.

So it's been reported that Peri Gilpin returns as Roz. With Frasier back in Boston, she could be there to visit him, or maybe her daughter Alice (who would be 25) lives in Boston now.
Don't forget Lilith.

- How he is back in Boston, because when we last saw him, I think he was headed to San Francisco but instead went to Chicago to chase after Laura Linney.
It's been 20 years. I don't think an explanation for Eddie's whereabouts are really needed, lol.

I think it's safe to assume:

Eddie and Martin are no longer with us.

I am still hanging on to my Cheers theory. We'll see if it's anywhere close.

So what I have read about the first episode is that:

Martin Crane died right before the first episode of this sequel (that is what I am calling this) and that he went straight to Boston after the funeral

I watched the first episode. It feels almost like an 80s or 90s sitcom. Even the original Frasier seemed more contemporary (especially where it was often set in Frasier's apartment). We'll see if he decorates his place anything like that during season 1.

The supporting cast are certainly not as interesting as the original Frasier cast.

Kelsey Grammer and Nicholas Lyndhurst are the only highlights for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"