FX’s Shogun | Hiroyuki Sanada, Cosmo Jarvis, Anna Sawai

My memory must be crap because I thought in the book : Mariko survived the blast, but committed ritual suicide after the battle at Osaka. Am I wrong?
Yes, you are just old and misremembering things. :oldrazz: It happened like in the show.

Yes, you are just old and misremembering things. :oldrazz: It happened like in the show.
I must be confusing it with her aborted protest ritual suicide over not being able to leave. I'm going to read the book again now that the show is done. I've been wanting to ever since the first episode.

That couldn't be a more perfect and not obvious ending to a show that is built more on story and character than action.

I'm pretty sure everyone who was expecting a Battle of the Bastards level finale will be super disappointed.
Yeah it was fitting considering the rest of the show and at least we learned that Crimson Sky was meant to stop a war rather than starting one, that was the whole point, Its a bit more of a shame we didnt get conclusion to all the threads with the brother and Ishido but one episode was never going to be enough for that anyway. I loved the talk between Toranaga and Yabushige, that seemed like the fitting end to the show.

"Why tell a dead man the future" is a great line.

FX has really raised the bar with Shogun. They deliver many great shows, but from a production standpoint, this is far and beyond anything they've produced in some time, coupled with some strong acting performances. Also nice to see Blackthorne's Japanese continuing to pick up. A far cry from where he started in the series.

Words cannot express how satisfied I am with this show. Easily the best thing FX has ever put out IMO and that's coming from someone who loves plenty of other FX shows like Justified, Nip/Tuck, Snowfall etc.

The finale wasn't what I expected at all but that honestly made me love it even more. So many great dramatic moments and the dialogue was on point throughout as well as the production values.

I want more but I'm glad they found a good place to end it.

I'm not one for political dramas but this was a well done one. It reminds me of my complaints about the terrible political drama in The Witcher show really fails at but here it succeeds in Shogun.

I don't think they should extend it with original material like HBO and Benioff and Weiss did to Game of Thrones when they ran out of books.

I thought it was a good finale. The reveal of the plan ultimately works, but still entirely too much tell and not show, for me. There's about two full episodes of little momentum that could have been used to widen the impact and scale of all the maneuvering. Budget constraints I guess. Solid show, but not as defining or game changing as I've been lead to believe

Rachel Kondo and Justin Marks were on The Watch pod earlier this week.

That was a good finale. At first I was a little disappointed we didn’t get an actual battle, but then realized that’s not what this was building towards. Toranaga played the long game. How much was it truly planned vs just him moving pieces into place and hoping for the best we won’t ever know.

I do wish we got to see Ishido’s fate as described in the book.

I've got one episode left, it's been a fantastic show, the earthquake scenes were so well done, I don't think I've ever seen it done from such an individual ground level.

The Crimson Sky plan is devastating, I was not expecting that at all.

R.I.P. Lady Mariko! 😢 😭

SazJX.jpg

SazJP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"