• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Drama FX’s Shogun | Hiroyuki Sanada, Cosmo Jarvis, Anna Sawai

One of the big problems they have is, they've lost some of the best characters of the series, Mariko and Yabushige are two massive wholes to fill and both so integral to the story and plot of season 1.

I'm not saying Im not going to be there day 1 for season 2 because I would love to see more of this world but I can see why many have reservations and why one season was enough for this and ended perfectly.

I thought the finale was masterful, the two major scenes between Toranaga and Blackthorne and Toranaga and Yabushige were absolutely brilliant, I think Anna Sawai stole the show across the season as Lady Mariko but the finale was Sanada's showcase and he was brilliant, especially as he laid everything out for Yabushige, and I liked that they showed a flash forward to the battle but didn't actually show it, this felt like both closure and leaving the door just far enough ajar for a potential season 2 which we now know is happening.

Anna for the Emmy!!!

SYHla.jpg

SYHlZ.jpg

SYHlf.jpg

SYHlY.jpg

SYHlV.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"