FX's The Bastard Executioner - From SOA's Kurt Sutter

went back to check it out... uh uh, this show STILL ain't happenin'...

Nope. Gave up. A perfect example of why some don't deserve carte blanche.

Just checking in to see if anyone was still hanging on. I guess it's still not good.

if anyone is, can someone give us a recap of what's been going on lol

Keep coming back to this like an old crack habit!:(

Recap:

The two sexy twin sisters' cover has been blown; one was tortured to death using the 'Judas craddle' device (gross!), and the other while trying to escape was chopped to bits, by none other than that little blonde guy, whose one of Maddox's friends; the one who likes goats. It was bizarre, but i believe it was for revenge for the twins aiding in 'vampire bill' beating one of their friends to death in an earlier ep. Also, their uppity French cousin (the one the twins were spying for) is dead.

The Baroness and Maddox are hot and heavy, and are secretly meeting to kiss and cuddle; no sex yet.

The stuff with Katey Segals character is getting good; apparently she's a decendant of some of the soldiers who cruxified Christ, and were charged with guarding his true writings. Also, she's Maddox's Mother….me thinks! :eek:

Last edited:
Keep coming back to this like an old crack habit!:(

Recap:

skip

The stuff with Katey Segals character is getting good; apparently she's a decendant of some of the soldiers who cruxified Christ, and were charged with guarding his true writings. Also, she's Maddox's Mother….me thinks! :eek:

Thank you for the summary at least I know now that I didn't miss anything, the Judas Cradle got me intrigued tho, I googled it, I knew the device but not its name.

So the Roman soldiers who were charged to crucify Jesus possess his true writings ...okééééé.

He's one of us obviously. That sounds like the modus operandi of a hypester.

Good riddance. This was the worst show I've ever seen.

After SOA, i waiting more of the Sutter.
This show is bad, i really don't like, and i tried because of the director and some actors.

They tried to copy Vikings and have failed.
Sutter, more luck in the next time. Or better, do it right in the next time.

At least he gets the certain satisfaction of canceling his own show before the network did it. It probably helps him feel a little bit better.

At least he gets the certain satisfaction of canceling his own show before the network did it. It probably helps him feel a little bit better.
FX cancelled it. They just let him announce it in the silliest way possible: Papyrus font ad in the Hollywood Reporter!

Oh well. Now hopefully we get that SOA prequel series's going forward.

Yeah that's why Vikings only lasted one season...oh wait.

HA!

I love Sutter, but come on, the show failed because the writing was garbage, not because of the setting. Heck, by my recollection a lot of people were excited for the historical setting, I know I sure was.

And while I know it skips the "historically based" part, there's another show Sutter might have heard of with some pretty dense mythology called Game of Thrones. So uh yeah, the "harder to plug into" argument is a little thin.

What I saw of it, the show was horribly written. Of course it bleed views, it lost me after the premiere.

I loved SOA, but this just didn't do it for me in the least. I gave up after two weeks. I didn't find it particularly bad, but with such a density of shows to watch in the fall, nothing about this made me love it enough to want to stick around.

I just don't think this was Sutter's genre at all. There were so many projects that were announced as being in development toward the end of SOA that sounded much more him to me. The SOA prequel about John Teller, the Diva/Clown/Killer comedy, that one supernatural horror series with John Shiban... how FX thought this one was the right thing to follow up SOA with is beyond me.

He says he's going to find another writer to handle the Mayans series, I really hope he does something comedic.

Vikings and The Last Kingdom are killing it in the historical show market. This failed simply because it was boring. The lead actor was bland as hell.

the problem wasn't that the story was historically based, which is was. it was just the story from history used was a pretty boring one

and i just googled Judas Cradle.

seriously, who came up with these things back then? glad i didn't see that on tv

Medieval people ( Europe ) came up with it. It was a legitimate tool of justice back then. Lovely times.

and i just googled Judas Cradle.

seriously, who came up with these things back then? glad i didn't see that on tv

Well they had very little entertainment back then, so i guess they all just sat around and thought of ways to inflict pain on each other, lol!

the problem wasn't that the story was historically based, which is was. it was just the story from history used was a pretty boring one

I don't think that matters too much. A writer can take true events that are fascinating and make them dull, or take dull events and make them interesting. It's all in the execution...or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"