G2: Gay Hypesters United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

Smelly
Reaction score
LGBT_Soc.jpg

We've had many discussions about a thread like this in the past and I think it is long overdue that someone start one. Similar to the Female Hype Members thread, this will be a place to discuss issues and topics related to, but not restricted to, the LGBT community. And since there are so many of us on the Hype!, the discussions should never fall flat. ;)

Here is Wikipedia's definition:
LGBT (also GLBT) is an acronym referring collectively to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender/transsexual people. In use since the 1990s, the term LGBT is an adaptation of the initialism LGB. In modern use, the acronym relates to the diversity of gay culture.

NOTE: This is NOT a chat thread and should not be treated as such. Please refrain from posting "Hey, what's up?" or "Hey!". Keep that in the Hype! Lounges.

I :heart: lesbians. :)

Um, movie lesbians. :csad:

This is great. It's good to see a place like this has finally started up. What with our numbers arising so rapidly you'd think that we were potentially trying to turn this into Gay!Hype. :cwink:

I love Sam Sparro. I am completely obsessed with him right now.

It says the video is no longer available. :(

What with our numbers arising so rapidly you'd think that we were potentially trying to turn this into Gay!Hype. :cwink:
I have thought the exact same thing.
Every other post these days seems to be some dude *****ing about his boyfriend.

So, I'm trying to figure out the significance of this graphic. I mean, I get that it's referencing the very recognizable gay rainbow idea, but why the wine glasses? Is it inferring that gay people are largely alcoholics? Or is it an indication that gay people like to dye Easter Eggs and they're getting ready for that really early (alternatively, perhaps they missed it altogether back in April and are trying to make up for lost time)? I feel like I'm missing something, here.

jag

So, I'm trying to figure out the significance of this graphic. I mean, I get that it's referencing the very recognizable gay rainbow idea, but why the wine glasses? Is it inferring that gay people are largely alcoholics? Or is it an indication that gay people like to dye Easter Eggs and they're getting ready for that really early (alternatively, perhaps they missed it altogether back in April and are trying to make up for lost time)? I feel like I'm missing something, here.

jag
Yes

jag

I just liked the image... and I'm a lush.

:csad:

This thread seems rather redundant if you've ever been in the X-forums.

This thread seems rather redundant if you've ever been in the X-forums.

The X-Forums will always be the Un-Official Gay Dome of the Hype!. With the X3 Off Topic thread being the recruitment center.

jag

It's not even a rainbow, because it only has 6 colours.:o

If there was a cure, would you take it, Manic? :huh:

This is a TRAVESTY!!!!! :cmad:

jag

I motion that the image is removed from the board in favour of a image including hot boys wearing clothing of every rainbow colour!:cmad:

Pink has never been 1 of the 7 colors of the rainbow.

And Violet is considered Purple most of the time. Even though there is a difference.:cmad:

Ok, I'm going to try to start a serious discussion lol.

Have any of you (lesbian, gay, transgender, etc) experienced any discrimination from straight people? What is the worst incident of hate-induced homophobia that you've ever had to deal with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"