G4 acquires Australian "Chaser's War"

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
Remember the days when G4 wasn't a bargin binder Spike TV/Comedy Central knock off? Neal Tiles is up there among TV executives that I hate the most. :whatever:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.tv/browse_thread/thread/c480d5a89c3ae404#
G4 Acquires Australia’s 'Chasers War On Everything'
Premieres on the network Jan. 26

By Alex Weprin

Comcast owned G4 has acquired the U.S. rights to Australian sketch
comedy series The Chaser’s War on Everything.

Comedy group The Chaser is behind the series, which has made its mark
stateside in the form of a number of videos that have gone viral
online. Among the most popular clips are an attempt to get a literal
Trojan horse into sensitive areas (video below) and driving past
multiple security checkpoints to George Bush’s hotel with a member
dressed as Osama Bin Laden. There is also a recurring segment
featuring castmate Charles Firth as he travels the U.S., annoying and
badgering everyone from corporate executives to Hillary Clinton.

"The Chaser's War on Everything embodies the kind of daring and
irreverent attitude that our viewers appreciate," said Neal Tiles,
President, G4, in a statement. "Online buzz for The Chaser is already
huge thanks to viral videos, which are extremely important to the G4
audience. We're excited to bring their wild pranks and outrageous
sense of humor to US television for the first time."

The Chaser’s War on Everything premieres on G4 Jan. 26.

G4 embodies nothing but the absolute worst of society today. That whole Channel used to have a huge amount of intelligent **** on there, & now it has the Paris Hilton of back alley Cable Television Olivia Munn.

I drop at least a half dozen points of intelligence everytime I accidently flick over to G4.

Attack of The Show is one I enjoy hating the most...the hosts freaking annoy me.

Ironically, X-Play is now the most intelligent thing on a network full of crap, when it used to be the dumbest thing on a fairly intelligent network. And it's the same network.

G4 embodies nothing but the absolute worst of society today. That whole Channel used to have a huge amount of intelligent **** on there, & now it has the Paris Hilton of back alley Cable Television Olivia Munn.

:lmao:

I miss the old days learning about computers on the channel. Well, looks like G4 added another great show to their line up like Spaceballs:whatever:. Heck I didn't even know people still watch this channel. Most cable providers no longer carry it.

DirecTV* carries it, and Comcast actually owns it.

*DirecTV didn't even carry it originally. They carried TechTV, and I didn't start watching G4 until the "G4TechTV" merger. I'm more bitter at G4 for getting rid of Screen Savers, Call For Help, and Spy School.

and Comcast is owned by Time Warner.....the merger happened because TechTV wasn't making any money at all....G4 swallowed them up and moved forward

Doesn't mean they had to get rid of all of TechTV's programming. For the longest time, the only TechTV programs to survive the merger were X-Play and Anime Unleashed.

Of course, then the network shifted its focus away from games, and now the only program to survive the merger from either side is X-Play.

Doesn't mean they had to get rid of all of TechTV's programming. For the longest time, the only TechTV programs to survive the merger were X-Play and Anime Unleashed.

Of course, then the network shifted its focus away from games, and now the only program to survive the merger from either side is X-Play.

From the stuff I read, none of those other shows were bringing in revenue....X-Play was the only one that bought in advertising revenue(which for small channels is the main focus)

a good chunk of people from both TechTv and G4 ended up doing internet stuff or going to work with Kevin Rose at Digg and Revision3

I miss the old days learning about computers on the channel. Well, looks like G4 added another great show to their line up like Spaceballs:whatever:. Heck I didn't even know people still watch this channel. Most cable providers no longer carry it.

For the young, redblooded men that Neal Tiles is aiming towards, I find it kind of quizzical that one of their shows is the animated version of a 20+ year old Mel Brooks movie (for which many of the viewers were likely either too young to remember or weren't even born yet when it first came out).:huh:

That's why they play the movie every week, as well.

Ever since I discovered TV One, I've forgotten all about BET.

Why doesn't G4 show gaming shows anymore? Everytime I turn to watch to attempt to catch the attack of the show rerun, or anything else game-related, Cops, Cheaters, or some irrelevant live-action movie is on. :confused:

G4 is becoming the MTV of Gaming. :down

G4 is becoming Spike, which is actually kinda funny. In SpikeTV's early days, they tried to create a few shows about video games and had their own gaming award show, but everything they did was dwarfed by G4 and GPhoria, so they gave up.

A few years later, and now G4 has made themselves identical to Spike. Don't even get me started on the cable war for Star Trek reruns.

*sigh*

Yeah. I'm kinda over G4 now. I just flip past it. I would like a true-to-itself gaming channel.

I'm so disappointed.

I miss cinemateque. :(

I'm not gonna lie, I miss X-Play's intern skits. They've become a lot more serious this past year.

Of course, I also miss when they reviewed more than one game per episode. When they did 4-5 reviews per show, it gave them the chance to review games both popular and unheard of. Now all of G4's gaming stuff is shoved into their show, so each episode features a news segment, a Cheat segment, an interview with the creators of a popular game, previews of upcoming popular games, and one review of a very popular game that everyone was already avoiding/looking forward to.

the constant shifting of star trek is quite odd...it was on G4 for a bit, then it went away...and now TNG is on Sci-Fi channel and Spike shows Voyager and DS9 on occasion...

I think G4s issue is that they are owned by Comcast and they are sharing studio space with the E! Channel, it's like they are an afterthought now....

The rights to rerun shows on cable are often sold to the highest bidder. Most networks get long-term contracts that have to be renewed in a few years (which is why Cartoon Network had Futurama for a long time before Comedy Central bought the rights to air it), but it looks like the Star Treks get shopped around the most. Spike apparently held on to their contracts with Voyager and DS9, but TNG has shifted from Spike to G4 to Sci-Fi. The original series recently jumped from Sci-Fi to G4 to TVLand.

I'm also seeing the original series in syndication on some local channels here in CT....I think that happens with star trek because Paramount knows people will pay for it....the original series has been on TV Land for a few years now...

You guys are far too harsh to Olivia and G4 in general.

Paris Hilton thanks you for the complementary remarks, Ghostvirus.

Why doesn't G4 show gaming shows anymore? Everytime I turn to watch to attempt to catch the attack of the show rerun, or anything else game-related, Cops, Cheaters, or some irrelevant live-action movie is on. :confused:

G4 is becoming the MTV of Gaming. :down

Neal Tiles thinks that showing crap like "Cops" and "Cheaters" reruns will "attract" more viewers to an otherwise niche gaming/technology channel.:whatever:

I'm also seeing the original series in syndication on some local channels here in CT....I think that happens with star trek because Paramount knows people will pay for it....the original series has been on TV Land for a few years now...
Well, there are no limits on how many local stations can air Star Trek, but only one cable network can have it at a time.
Also, I distinctly remember TOS being on G4 around the same time G4 had TNG, and it was on Sci-Fi practically forever before that.
You guys are far too harsh to Olivia and G4 in general.
No, THIS is being harsh on Olivia:
"Look at me! I'm Olivia Munn! I look hot, which makes up for my lack of inherent charisma! I say raunchy things because it makes guys think I'm really a naughty girl; that way more guys will watch, thus allowing me to fulfill my sole purpose to boost ratings by appealing to the lowest common denominator! I'm lucky this network shifted its focus away from video games, because I admitted soon after getting hired by G4 that I know nothing about games! I'm almost as big a tool as Kevin Pereira, who himself is just a shameless attention ****e!"

In case you didn't notice, I'm not a fan of Attack of the Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"