GALACTUS Discussion

Whirlysplat

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=11220

ff2comic2-1.jpg

Their is a lot on the web about this at the moment, I wondered what others thought.

- Whirly

Could be. I never like Surfer as character, I think he's soooo boring. I wanna see him in the movie though. I'd be real cool to see. I always thought his look was real cool.

Kool-Aid said:
Could be. I never like Surfer as character, I think he's soooo boring. I wanna see him in the movie I'd be real cool to see. I always thought his look was real cool.

I actually agree with all statements as a general reply. Although I have at times really enjoyed some Surfer stories like the Blockbuster one shot or the Troyjan War in Hulk where he was written more interestingly than some atoning space messiah.

- Whirly

Not sure but i think there is a FF forum for this.

I do think it would be cool to have the SS and Galactus in the next movie. But i also want to see Dr. Doom and Mole Man

It seems like Galactus and the Surfer would create way too high a budget to be done right. But, if the first movie is any indication, they don't have any intention of doing them right to begin with, so it could work.

Wow. I can't think of anything that would suck more than Keanu Reeves as the Silver Surfer. I don't know who I'd want cast as the Surfer, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ted "Neo" Logan is not him.

Is he even in shape to be Surfer? lol

He's in fine shape for the Surfer. He just can't act. His most distinctive role was Ted, after all. All the others are just basically the same guy in different clothes.

TheCorpulent1 said:
He's in fine shape for the Surfer. He just can't act. His most distinctive role was Ted, after all. All the others are just basically the same guy in different clothes.

agreed.

Although he picks films well and apart from Jonny M. So Reeves onboard might be a stamp of improved quality.... Maybe...... Don'tcha think.....

Hmmmmm.

- Whirly

If he manages to pull off A Scanner Darkly well, I'll rethink my position on him. Right now, though, he seems as talentless as ever to me.

Depends on when SS, if he is introduced, when he is introduced...if he is introduced as a precursor to the 3rd movie, then Galactus doesn't need to be in the 2nd film...

Also, hey mods, couldn't we maybe merge all of the SS threads....this is becoming an SS board not an F4 board it seems...

SS is better off introed in FF2.A solo SS flick is already risky in itself.

noooooooooooooooooooooooo
please not neo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they gotta get a no name actor who can actually act to play surfer.
if you cast this talentless peice of trash as surfer your gunna end up with another daredevil (ben affleck ruined the DareDevil character for so many).
all of these comic book movies are most successful when they give main rolls to small time actors. look at X-Men (no one knew hugh jackman, hally berry, whoever plays cyclops ect.), spider-man (tobey maguire wasnt big at the time of casting), Hulk (no one knew eric bana), punisher (tom jane who?) ect ect. that is the only way to do it. the only time a big name should be casted for a marvel super hero role is when there is no denieing the reseblence (example: Beast, Prof. X, im going to say Ghost Rider but ill still have to wait and see if this is true.)

Keanu Reeves would RUIN my FAVORATE CHARATER for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ sorry bout the bad spelling. i know this forum is filled with grade 5 english teachers

Alcatraz said:
^ sorry bout the bad spelling. i know this forum is filled with grade 5 english teachers

No, that would be High School Social Studies teacher....:)

Alcatraz said:
if you cast this talentless peice of trash as surfer your gunna end up with another daredevil...Keanu Reeves would RUIN my FAVORATE CHARATER for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"talentless piece of trash?"
Jeez, I'm certainly no Keanu Reeves fan (far from it) but this kind of bashing is just infantile and rude.
And just a little suggestion: It's called spell-check. Look into it.

Anyway - Reeves has actually turned in a few good performances I found watchable (Parenthood & The Sheltering Sky come to mind) but I doubt many around these boards actually saw those films. It's real easy to lambaste the man based on his sometimes wooden performances in the Matrix series and the Bill & Ted films.

I mean the man's no Olivier, but he's no Carrot Top either for crying out loud.

As far as I'm concerned, he does have the look and the role does call for a certain detached quality. I really don't see what the big deal is.

And there's no denying the increased box office appeal he'd bring to the sequel.

JMAfan said:
No, that would be High School Social Studies teacher....:)

Or University Lecturers in Biology and Sports Science. :) I am though Dyslexic so I wouldn't notice or care. Content and ideas.

- Whirly

Whirlysplat said:
Or University Lecturers in Biology and Sports Science. :) I am though Dyslexic so I wouldn't notice or care. Content and ideas.

- Whirly

I'm dyslexic as well...just takes alittle time to check the spelling...:)

JMAfan said:

We're in good company as Albert Einstein was also a dyslexic.

- Whirly

JMAfan said:
I never knew that about you JMA.....:D

Vartha said:
I never knew that about you JMA.....:D

Well the ... that i seem to be known for helps me slow down alittle in my typing and gives me a chance to check my spelling and what not as i go along... BTW i don't use the ... when i'm writing by hand...lol

How do you think Galactus will look, and do you think he will be a planet eater?

that is a hard question to answer. the movie version of galactus will prob be very different then the one we know from the comics. his apearence i think would see the most drastic change. i have a feeling they would completely stip him of his "human" look. he will prob end up looking like a huge robot or something. who knows how they would try to translate his apearence in to a more "realistic" look. as long as he is purple, huge and has his helmet i will be happy.

as for his purpose, i think it would be utterly ******ed to change him from a purple planet eater. that is his purpose and if they take that away from him, then he simply isnt galactus.

translating galactus to the movies would be a complicated and difficult thing to do, and im not shure it will be done right. i mean look at the changes made to doom. if they change galactus like they did doom then we are f**ked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"