Game/games of the decade?

spiderman2

Superhero
Reaction score
Now that the year is ending and also the decade what are your top games of the decade or game?

1. Zelda Breath of the wild (2017) switch

I have always loved Zelda games it my favorite video game franchise and I didn’t fill like the formula was getting stale at all unlike a lot of people but I still love this game. In a lot of ways it dosnt fill like a Zelda game with no real dungeons other then Hyrule castle and the story is lacking but its still my all time favorite video game ever and I think the sequel can easily be better sense its lacking some normal Zelda stuff that is what is so exciting about it going forward.

2.Batman arkham knight (2015) ps4

All 3 of the batman arkham games are not only some of my favorite 2010-19 games but some of my favorite games period and this game still looks better graphic wise then most games and I love the batmobile and the envirment take downs was a nice thing to had. Duel play was a great new feature but was underused. If other arkham game is made at some point I would like to see this feture used more. I am starting to think another arkham game will never be made though and ever thing has just been fake rumors.

3. Batman arkham city (2011) ps3

Too like ever thing that was great about aslyum and made it a lot better. Its hard to go back to aslyum after you play the other arkham games has aslyum fills so limited has the game is so much smaller and there is a lot less combat moves and no side missions in aslyum. City has my favorite soundtrack of the 4 arkham games.

4.Batman arkham origins (2013) ps3

Love the game guess I am lucky because I never had issues with bugs like a lot of people did. My biggest issue with the game is just that it fills a lot like city has it dosnt do much to really fill like a fresh new game when it comes to the gameplay. Love its Christmas music and setting.

5.Horizon zero dawn (2017) ps4

Being able to fight robot dinasours like how cool is that? The different robots are very cool and some of them are pretty hard and has good has the game is its dlc may be even better then the main game. Its dlc is pretty long and the new creatures in the dlc are great. Love the like bear that hits you with ice.

6.Donkey Kong country tropical freeze (2014) wii u

Doneky kong country tropical freeze is my second favorite game of all the DK games and I have always found DK to be underrated has I think DK is a better franchise then Mario. I have said before this game is like worth playing just for its amazing soundtrack and the soundtrack gets like better with each word. The level disinge is amazing to.

7. Spiderman ps4 (2018) ps4

Had been like 8 years sense a good spiderman game before this and this game did not disappoint at all. So many different suits. The main theme music is so spiderman. The game has a good story with a lot of heart and emotion was not expecting it to make me cry like it did. The combat is similar to the arkham games but different has spiderman is a lot more angile and faster than batman. Knowing how good insomanic is I can’t wait for the sequel has it will most likely be a lot better even though this is already a great game. The city is a lot more alive then the akrham games and that is nice has its something that started to bother me a little bit with the akrham games.

8. ratchet and clank into the nexus (2013) ps3

Great game that is similar to crack in time my favorite ratchet game and ratchet is my second favorite video game franchise behind only Zelda. Only issue is the game is a lot shorter then some of the other games in the franchise.

9. Splatoon 2(2017) switch

Not normally into shooting games has I hate first person view but this is 3rd person view not first and I find most shooting games all fill/play the same. This game plays so much different then other shooting games and the game also had a really good single player DLC and that was really the only issue at first with the game was the fact its single player was short.

10. Rayman legends (2013) wii u

A lot like DK great level dising and music. I love the music levels that play music with like what you do.

2009 - Batman: Arkham Asylum
2010 - Mass Effect 2
2011 - Batman Arkham City
2012 - Mass Effect 3
2013 - Grand Theft Auto V
2014 - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
2015 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2016 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
2017 - Cuphead
2018 - Red Dead Redemption II
2019 - The Outer Worlds

Last edited:
Grand Theft Auto V is my choice for game of the decade.

However Assassin's Creed is the game franchise of the decade. It had like nine to ten main games released in the 2010s and all are open world. Call of Duty had annual releases too but I just don't find it interesting to play. Binge playing 11 Assassin's Creed games (that were all released in span of 12 years) was an experience. I don't think I'll ever experience something like that again.

Honorable mentions:
-Uncharted 4 is my first ps4 videogame and the first videogame I have played in years so I'll always remember that.
-Though Batman Arkham Knight is the game that really made me play video games. I got the game for free in 2017, only really played in 2018 but after I finished it, I bought like 30 games since then. And now I'm invested to buying/playing videogames again and I never thought I would be again.
-I really like Detroit Become Human.
-Red Dead Redemption 2 isn't the last game I finished in the 2010s decade but the last game I've played.

I haven't really played last December, I felt like I needed a break, but I'm planning to buy tons of games in 2020 and the Ps5.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3
Fallout New Vegas
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dishonored 2
ALIEN Isolation
Axiom Verge
Disco Elysium
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Batman Arkham City
The Witcher 2.

It’s funny, it wasn’t all great but looking at the above games makes me think people will look back on the decade fondly

I realised my list was huge a bit biased, so I redid it as my favorite games from each each of the decade

It’s funny, it wasn’t all great but looking at the above games makes me think people will look back on the decade fondly
Whats weird to me,is I haven't really the urge to replay from start most of the games that came out in the 2010s unlike in the game from the 90s/00s. But that's probably because a lot of games from the 2010s especially the big games have so much content and the games are much longer that I don't want to start from scratch, and I guess its an age thing for me as well as I prefer to just move on to the next game right after I finish one. Technology/graphics wise, things have evolved so much. I can't wait to see how the 2020s differs.

Yeah. Guess it’s because they just need a bit more time before they hit the nostalgia feels. Or there’s so many great new games out there’s no need to go back and replay the oldies. Idk

Yeah. Guess it’s because they just need a bit more time before they hit the nostalgia feels. Or there’s so many great new games out there’s no need to go back and replay the oldies. Idk
The only recent games I've replayed are Uncharted 4 because it was my first ps4 game and I wanted to find all the collectibles; and Detroit Become Human to see the different scenarios which I still haven't cleared the 100% flowchart after four playthroughs.

But at the moment, I have no desire to play Assassin's Creed, Red Dead Redemption II, Spider-Man 2018, Horizon Zero Dawn, Watch Dogs and GTA V from the very start.

Though I do miss playing them, like the feeling of playing them for the first time and just witnessing how gaming/video game graphics evolved so much in the last two decades. I just don't have the time and effort for multiple playthroughs.

Oh well sometimes I’m like that with movies. I loved them but I never need to see them again in my life

Very hard choice some years have more choices than others for me but here's my list.

2010: Black Ops, Red Dead, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, God of War III
2011: Arkham City, Assassins Creed Revelations
2012: Far Cry 3
2013: Bioshock Infinite, Assassins Creed Black Flag, GTA V, Arkham Origins
2014: Far Cry 4,
2015: Arkham Knight
2016: Battlefield 1
2017: Assassins Creed Origins, Horizon Zero Dawn, Call of Duty WWII, Injustice 2,
2018: God of War, Red Dead II, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Spider-Man,
2019: Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Skyrim
Diablo III
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Batman: Arkham Knight
Spider-Man (PS4)
God of War
Pillars of Eternity
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
The Elder Scrolls Online

My Top 10 of the 2010s in order of release: