GamerGate Film 'Crash Override' In Development

They'll make sure you hear about GamerGate constantly before this comes out.

I don't see people caring about a movie in which a bunch of dweebs take on a skanky weirdo and a feminazi.

Feminazi isn't a real thing. It's a disgusting word that a sexist and racist pig made up to disparage any woman who doesn't live her life being unemployed and barefoot and pregnant in a kitchen.

Feminazi isn't a real thing. It's a disgusting word that a sexist and racist pig made up to disparage any woman who doesn't live her life to stay barefoot and pregnant in a kitchen.

I don't throw that word around lightly but Anita Sarkeesian is a feminazi, her positions are extreme and extremely ridiculous.

Yes, Feminazis are real. Women can be just as sexist and disgusting as men. Just like black people can be racist against whites. Bigotry is unfortunately all too common in every facet.

Get Fincher to direct. He is the only one who can make this remotely engaging.

I don't know much about the gamergate situation and maybe it's me, but if this wasn't based on true events or told from Quinn's perspective, this could be an interesting story to tell on film.

Now correct me if this is nowhere near what the whole ordeal is all about...

A couple work in the same industry (doesn't have to be gaming), guy finds out that not only did his girlfriend cheat on him but cheated on him with a number of guys in the industry to get reviews or high marks for her work, he gets upset and tells the world about it, and the world reacts.

I don't know much about the gamergate situation and maybe it's me, but if this wasn't based on true events or told from Quinn's perspective, this could be an interesting story to tell on film.

A couple work in the same industry (doesn't have to be gaming), guy finds out that not only did his girlfriend cheat on him but cheated on him with a number of guys in the industry to get reviews or high marks for her work, he gets upset and tells the world about it, and the world reacts.

That's the sexed up version. I think the reality is that the parts in bold are at best hearsay, and were never ever proven.

I don't throw that word around lightly but Anita Sarkeesian is a feminazi, her positions are extreme and extremely ridiculous.
But calling a woman shanky, you throw that around lightly? I also like how Feminism is the thing men decided to associate with the mass murder of people. Racism, bigotry, all these other phrases, we don't associate them with other things. But of course Feminism was chosen to beat with the mass murder stick. Why would anyone with common sense even use that phrase?

Last edited:

GamerGate started when a jilted ex-boyfriend started posting BS about his ex-girlfriend cheating on him because he couldn't handle a break up. Then it got even more out of control as the pigs he was abusing her with made up more and more BS, claiming she was sleeping with multiple people for reviews. Reviews for a free game by the way. They were trying to ruin her reputation. Then some idiots decided it was about "game journalism", which was obviously false, because none of that ever happened.

And that is the origin of GamerGate. It was literally an attack on a woman's reputation. A digital age Scarlett Letter.

Read this.

Last edited:
A look at the righteous beginnings of this fine group.

But calling a woman shanky, you throw that around lightly? I also like how Feminism is the thing men decided to associate with the mass murder of people. Racism, bigotry, all these other phrases, we don't associate them with other things. But of course Feminism was chosen to beat with the mass murder stick. Why would anyone with common sense even use that phrase?

Ehh, I wouldn't look into the term too much. We don't associate people who correct grammar with mass murderers but the term grammar nazi exists.

How about we step back and chill...

Let's take the discussion down a few notches.

Can i just say that as much as i love being a gamer and being in the gaming community.

This is one evil ******* community.

It's always been a cruel irony that nerds can be some of the most intolerant people ever.

It has been eye opening to see just how terrible the nerd/geek community can be. This hasn't been the only example.

As for the actual movie, it is interesting that Scarlett Johansen is interested in the role. Between this and Ghost in the Shell, I'm sure she is getting a ton of hate.

This would be an interesting film because it is based in the truth of the actual situation.

As far as the actual movie we'll get, I expect something similar to the Law & Order episode based on Gamergate. Because that's exactly how the Anti-Gamergater's (Quinn included) have painted GamerGate supporters.

Last edited:
Honestly, don't mind Anita Sarkeesian or having discussions about breaking out of typical female stereotypes or bad storytelling tropes in video games. Or offering more progressive roles for females and minorities in prominent video games.

However, I didn't really care for her commentary on The Witcher 3. I realize I'm a guy and not the oppressed minority here, but if you honestly look at and analyze The Witcher 3, it's really one of the most best written and progressive games out there in terms of strong female characters and female characters with plot agency. The Witcher 3 is definitely one of those games that should be lauded.

In this case, I wonder how the GamerGaters feel in that their little movement has now gotten attention of Hollywood and their point of ridicule will now be the subject of a movie.

This would be an interesting film because it is based in the truth of the actual situation.

As far as the actual movie we'll get, I expect something similar to the Law & Order episode based on Gamergate. Because that's exactly how the Anti-Gamergater's (Quinn included) have painted GamerGate supporters.
You do realize the origins of GamerGate, right? No one is painting anything. It is actually what happened.

Honestly, don't mind Anita Sarkeesian or having discussions about breaking out of typical female stereotypes or bad storytelling tropes in video games. Or offering more progressive roles for females and minorities in prominent video games.

However, I didn't really care for her commentary on The Witcher 3. I realize I'm a guy and not the oppressed minority here, but if you honestly look at and analyze The Witcher 3, it's really one of the most best written and progressive games out there in terms of strong female characters and female characters with plot agency. The Witcher 3 is definitely one of those games that should be lauded.
The problem I have with Anita Sarkeesian is that she doesn't seem to play the games she comments on, or at least in a meaningful manner, and seems to miss the biggest examples of gender stereotypes in games. As you said, The Witcher 3 is incredibly progressive. Yennefer and Ciri are amazing and far from the only examples.

Even if Zoe Quinn did all the **** her scummy ex-boyfriend and GamerGate says she did how is it NOT sexiest that she is the one who gets targeted for all this online hate while the men who also allegedly took part in it are largely left alone? Because **** shaming a woman is easier than truly standing up to power. I think anyone who does that has no right to talk about "ethics" of any kind.

And you can disagree with Anita Sarkeesian's views, but doing so intelligently and with class sounds more effective to me than what some guys online do, which is act like an ******* and make her seem sympathetic by comparison.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"