Gangs of London Series By Gareth Evans

I'm glad more of you guys are enjoying this show. I know its only been like 6 months or so, but it already feels like its been forever since I last watched it. Luckily though they are getting it out there now for everybody to see. The wait for season 2 is going to brutal since I just read its not coming out until 2022 at the earliest.

I finally got time to jump back on the show and good god the end of episode 4 was just incredible. It gave me chills.

tenor.gif

Was watching on AMC, but the sped-up fights were turning me off. Gotta get this on blu-ray.

That money shot is probably one of the craziest scenes I've scene ever.

This show is on Max now, for those who haven’t seen it. I finally started it and HOLY **** is it insane. It’s like the crack baby of The Raid and Snatch. Gareth Evans and Corin Hardy really knocked it out of the park. And Sope Dirisu, Joe Cole and Narges Rashidi absolutely crush it. Can’t recommend it enough.

Also, I just found out that this is based on the Getaway video game series. Funny how that flew under the radar; it’s probably the best video game adaptation ever made. I’ve only played a little bit of the first Getaway game so I can’t say how close this show is to the games but just in terms of being an amazing show, it’s better than any other adaptations I’ve seen (even The Last of Us).

Been binge-watching while this is available on HBO Max (much like Twitter, I won’t be gaslit into calling it by a new name it didn’t need). Admittedly, aside from the fight sequences, it took me a minute to start really feeling it, but by the time the finale rolled around?

I’m all in.

Finished S2 and goddamn does this show know how to do a finale.

Need S3 TODAY.

Finishing up S2 with just two episodes left to go.

Some brief thoughts on my overall experience thus far:

1) This show starts hard and never lets up; there literally isn't a dull moment to be found.

2) Loyalty means virtually nothing to any of these people. :funny:

3) My reaction to that money shot when Elliot saves
Ed Dumani from Koba

giphy.gif

4) Seeing the return of the prodigal son (even if I predicted it from the get-go)

weekend-party.gif

5) Seeing everything the prodigal son has done since his public reappearance

jonah-hill-gif-file-3274kb-ao5a3th6lsopo7d2.webp

6) Just about every action scene with Luan

tumblr_inline_pk34ivGVLL1rtxds8_500.gif

The Luan stuff always cracks me up, because he manages to kick ass, but that noise he’s making as he does it…

Really weird to see Asif working with
Lale now. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see that she survived (and is somehow still in one piece); it just seems unlikely that Asif would have a sudden change of heart when he was hellbent on avenging his son.

Apart from that, the finale and the penultimate episode were both on point. Season 3 can't get here soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"