Gangs of London Series By Gareth Evans

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
the-raid-director-gareth-evans-in-developing-a-gangland-drama-for-hbos-cinemax-called-gangs-of-london-social.jpg

‘The Nun’ Director Corin Hardy Boards Sky, Cinemax Drama ‘Gangs of London’

Corin Hardy is joining the gang. Fresh from helming box-office smash “The Nun,” Hardy has boarded Sky and Cinemax’s hotly anticipated drama series “Gangs of London.”

Hardy will direct three episodes of the show about warring gangs, which marks Vice-backed Pulse Films’ move into high-end TV drama. Vice-backed Pulse is producing with Jane Featherstone’s Sister Pictures.

Hardy made his directorial debut in 2015 with “The Hallow.” His most recent feature, “The Nun,” broke franchise records in its September opening weekend, landing at No. 1 at the U.S. and international box office. The latest installment of the “Conjuring” series has topped the international box office for four consecutive weeks.

“Gangs of London” comes from Gareth Evans and Matt Flannery, the pair behind the popular “Raid” movie franchise. Their series will follow different gangs battling for control of the British capital’s criminal underworld.

“The multi-layered story weaves emotional drama with blistering action set pieces which I found enthralling to read. I am looking forward to bringing something rich and cinematic to the city streets,” said Hardy.

Evans added: “Having been a huge fan of his for some time, Corin’s genre sensibilities and ambitious scope perfectly complement the cinematic landscape we strive to achieve for Gangs of London.”

The series is part of the $250 million production deal between Sky and HBO. It will bow in 2019.

Last edited:
I guess he’s reworking some of his ideas for The Raid 3.

I wanna check this out, but I'm hesitant because of Cinemax's involvement. After what they did with Outcast in the US they're on my **** list for the foreseeable future. I dont want to invest in this show and pay for a subscription to Cinemax if they're gonna treat this show like dog ****.

Plot sounds interesting
Gangs Of London will depict a version of contemporary London that has been ripped apart by the violent, destructive power struggles of international criminal organisations. The situation becomes a notable powder keg with the inciting incident of the assassination of the leader of a major criminal organisation, which creates a power vacuum that makes the city rife for warfare amongst the underworld.

God do I love it when Evans does those beautifully choreographed machete/knife fights. This man just can't make the use of a sharp object not look graceful as **** lol. This looks fantastic btw.

Ooooh this looks good. Shame Colm Meaney probably dies in the first 10 minutes, lol.

Did anyone see that movie where Joe Cole plays a guy who gets imprisoned in Thailand? I remember seeing a trailer for it a long time ago and thinking it looked awesome but then I forgot all about it.

Did anyone see that movie where Joe Cole plays a guy who gets imprisoned in Thailand? I remember seeing a trailer for it a long time ago and thinking it looked awesome but then I forgot all about it.

A Prayer Before Dawn? It's ****in brutal and so damn good. Definitely worth seeing if you got the stomach for it.

A Prayer Before Dawn? It's ****in brutal and so damn good. Definitely worth seeing if you got the stomach for it.

Nice, yeah it looked amazing in the trailer. I'll definitely check it out!

Gareth said that it's premiering in the US in the summer. Might just wait until then.

I'll definitely be starting this soon. Can't ****ing wait either.

I finished it tonight, it's pretty good. Some minor nitpicks, but the action scenes are predictably excellent. 8/10

That siege in episode 5 was epic. Better action sequence than most movies.

Finn Coles choice to use that very plummy accent took a while to get used to.

We never got to see lady stoneheart in game of thrones but Michelle fairly gets to unleash her ruthless side as the matriarch of the Wallace clan in this show.

Sope was impressively convincing as a fighter. A royal Shakespeare actor being such a badass was surprising. Sope did a lot of his own fight sequences as well despite not having a background in this kind of choreography.

Last edited:
Just finished this awesome series and my god is the action incredible. You guys weren't lying about that epic siege sequence in episode 5 either. Kudos to Gareth Evans for putting something like this together and I just hope the guy continues to get more work and big projects like this down the line. Corin Hardy and Xavier Gens did really solid jobs on there episodes as well. I've been a fan of quite a bit of Xavier Gens stuff in the past though.

Just finished this awesome series and my god is the action incredible. You guys weren't lying about that epic siege sequence in episode 5 either. Kudos to Gareth Evans for putting something like this together and I just hope the guy continues to get more work and big projects like this down the line. Corin Hardy and Xavier Gens did really solid jobs on there episodes as well. I've been a fan of quite a bit of Xavier Gens stuff in the past though.
amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"