Garden State

I thought it was a fine film. I'm not much of a fan of Braff's work on Scrubs but I really thought Garden State was good. Portman made film all the more worth watching.

i agree ^^

but really i dont wanna start nething but i really dont get why everyone loves it nots that great i thought it was an average movie with not much story, but dif strokes

I like the first half a lot more than the second half. I don't know what it is.

Waaaaay overrated. Its like they tried to hide the cliches beneath what they thought was an artsy exterior, but failed and only made everything about the film more ridiculous. Many moments just stood out as being so pretentious. I luv Portman but even she couldn't save this mess.

I've rented Garden State a few times, just never got around to buying the DVD.

I think Braff could end up being type cast. His new movie The Last Kiss seems to mirror Garden State.

This is one of the best film of this decade. Granted with the recent piles of garbage being spit out of Hollywwod recently that isn't saying to much, but I think this is a wonderful film.

"I can't beleive you're not really ******ed!"

Another one of my favorite scenes, is when Andrew and Sam visit Jesse at his mansion. All three of them are standing in the grass when Jesse decides to shoot a inflamed arrow with a bow straight up in the sky. Like he figured it would land right near them.

:o

Bullseye said:
Another one of my favorite scenes, is when Andrew and Sam visit Jesse at his mansion. All three of them are standing in the grass when Jesse decides to shoot a inflamed arrow with a bow straight up in the sky. Like he figured it would land right near them.

i always figured he shot it up so they could dodge it on the way down?

anyways, i love this movie. i fell in love with portman's character.

You may be correct about that. Either way, its not a very bright move to shoot an inflamed arrow straight up into the sky.

I didn't think I would like this movie at all since Braff's work on Scrubs never really appealed to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"