• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Garfield 2?!

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
Just why?! Somebody please tell me why!!

I mean.....the comic strip was written for adults, not kids. It's the sly, lazy humour a working adult can relate to. The movie(s) are pure Scooby Doo kid fare, and a CGI Garfield is just wrong.

http://www.garfieldmovie.com/index2.html

Look how awful this trailer is. And Bill Murray - Bill Murray, who won't do a Ghostbusters 3 - is wasting his time and talent on this ****ing bull****.

Garfield's awesome though...that's the "why" of the movies...the only question lies in their quality...

But if Jennifer Love Hewitt returns (hope, hope) then I can forgive pretty much anything.

I must agree. The first movie was lame and this'll most likely be the same but that hewitt is a lovely dame...

I like Garfield. Comic and movie. I'll see the second one.

I'll probably catch it when its on dvd.

not much that catches my eye this summer. i'm lookin more forward to 2007.

webhead731 said:
I like Garfield. Comic and movie. I'll see the second one.

Yeah...I've been a Garfield fan for a mighty long time...I'll be seein' it too.

how can you call youreself a garfield fan and condone this ****?!!

It really isnt difficult to take a bunch of davis comic strips and tie them together..the only good choice is murray. but garfield without the humour? weellity wellity wellity...I think Ill pass.

dont firget the cartoons and specials. ONe episode of that show is better than that entire first movie.

In my opinion.

Also fact.

I'd rather watch Garfield turn down lasagna than watch this "movie".

Wesyeed said:
dont firget the cartoons and specials. ONe episode of that show is better than that entire first movie.

In my opinion.

Also fact.

:up:

The cartoon 'got' Garfield.

I saw Garfield 2 last night. It was as good as the first one, could have been better.

I liked it though.:up:

If you didn't like the movie then Bill wasn't a good choice. All they would have to do is had the vioce actor from the cartoon to get the same feel. I saw 2 and I liked it, but if you didn't like the first one your not gonna like this one ether. Also Jennifer Love Hewitt is in it and does bounce her **** to ever single word she says. So that may be enough for some.

Kasady said:
If you didn't like the movie then Bill wasn't a good choice. All they would have to do is had the vioce actor from the cartoon to get the same feel. I saw 2 and I liked it, but if you didn't like the first one your not gonna like this one ether. Also Jennifer Love Hewitt is in it and does bounce her **** to ever single word she says. So that may be enough for some.

Hmm...

No. Still not enough for me to endure this movie.

Kasady said:

Unfortunately, it's impossible to get the voice actor from the cartoon...The great Lorenzo Music has passed on...he died of cancer I believe...so considering that, I think Bill Murray was as perfect as they could have gone....he has that same sense of deadpan kind of humor.

And Jennifer Love was awesome...so much bounce-age....
bounce-age is great...

webhead731 said:
I saw Garfield 2 last night. It was as good as the first one, could have been better.

I liked it though.:up:

I liked it too. I would have a preferred a better plot...minus the globetrotting to England and the twin story...but I still dug it.

to quote cartoon Garfield upon reading an episode's script..."An evil twin story?!...It's come to that?!?"
Man, that was a great show...

I loved that show. It was funny. the first movie though? I can't believe it somehow earned a sequel. I'm completely against seeing this after the absolutely wasted potential of the first; using the great murray as the voice for the lazy fat cat (brilliant casting after Music's death- music voiced murray's character venkman on the real ghostbusters show incase some weren't aware.) only to stick him in a bouncing cgi action cat trying a bunch of forced gags, with an inter-changeable, worn out plot I've seen before somewhere a few times. Oh no, something is taken by the bad guy, we must get it back, we do, all is well in th end. I swear I've seen a few family movies that used that, but can't recall now cuz my brain is fried ham. anyway, don't lke it don't want to see it...

but hewitt's bouncing does sound appealing...

damn.. must... resist... the bouncing...ah...

yeah what a missed opportunity..... could have been a major franchise given that so many of the themes are still relevant today...the thing they got wrong (other than aiming it at kids) was that jon should have been the tragic character he is in the comics....

The first movie did a few things wrong that completely destroyed it IMO. First of they should have made Garfield more human, he should have walked on his hind leggs while holding a cup of coffey in one hand an a donut in the other.

Second, Jon wasn´t nearly dorky enough. This is a guy who can´t get through a date without sending his date running screaming from the restaurant. They should never have given him even the slightest chance of getting the girl in the end.

Third, Odie should be a lovable moron who sloppers all over the place, not a trick performing show dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"