The Amazing Spider-Man Garfield & Emma v Competition

Garfield Fan

Civilian
Reaction score
As we all know, Andrew Garfield was chosen out of many different actors. On IMDB, they mention Taylor Lautner, Josh Hutcherson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Logan Lerman, Robert Pattinson, Jamie Bell, Daniel Radcliffe, Michael Angarano, Michael Cera, Alden Ehrenreich, Zac Efron, Aaron Johnson, Xavier Samuel, Jim Sturgess and Anton Yelchin were also considered to play the lead role.

I know that Emma Stone was originally cast for MJ, but when she was asked to play Gwen Stacey, Glee‘s Dianna Agron, Alice in Wonderland‘s Mia Wasikowska, Georgina Haig and Dominique McElligott were also contenders for the part of Gwen Stacey.

I want to hear your opinion about the producer's casting decision. If you hate Andrew or Emma, would these alternates even satisfy you?

For me, Taylor Lautner and Zac Efron = NO. They will always be remembered for vampires and high school musicals. NO! Daniel Radcliffe = too familiar. Josh Hutcherson would seem to me to be the worst physical representation of peter parker OR spiderman! I don't know the other people.

For Gwen, Dianna Agron might have been good..... idk Emma Stone still did a fantastic job

What do you think about the choice to pick Garfield and Stone out of this fabulous pool of actors?

me 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope garfield gets bigger and better roles in the future!!! i already know stone is gonna be a hit :p

Their chemistry is undeniable on the screen, so right there you know they made a good pick.

Say what you want, but there was never a DROP of chemistry between Bale and Katie/Maggie in the previous Bat movies. Not saying that makes one better than the other, but I think when you are able to do it right with a romantic interest and it pays off like it did with Emma/Andrew, it pays off in spades.

tumblr_m6sy1dXFec1qc7b3so1_250.gif

Before I even heard of Andrew Garfield, Logan Lerman was my choice.

With that, I'm so glad Andrew's work convinced me otherwise and lessened my worry about the casting of Peter Parker. Heck, I wasn't worried at all when I saw his work. I just hope when the inevitable reboot comes after the next decade, give or take, that whoever's in charge makes a good casting decision for the lead.

Emma was great, too. I remember the first pictures of her in blonde hair knocking everyone out. Especially the people who complained that she'd suit the role of MJ better.

Before I even heard of Andrew Garfield, Logan Lerman was my choice.

With that, I'm so glad Andrew's work convinced me otherwise and lessened my worry about the casting of Peter Parker. Heck, I wasn't worried at all when I saw his work. I just hope when the inevitable reboot comes after the next decade, give or take, that whoever's in charge makes a good casting decision for the lead.

Emma was great, too. I remember the first pictures of her in blonde hair knocking everyone out. Especially the people who complained that she'd suit the role of MJ better.
Ah, fanboys. The lesson of Heath Ledger has taught them nothing about judging a casting decision before seeing a film. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"