Girl Gets Rocks Instead of I-Pod, twice

Noon

cephalopoda
Reaction score
Click

Nearly every teenager either has an iPod or wants one. There are a few exceptions, but the vast majority of teens sport (or pretend to sport) Apple's wildly-popular digital audio player. So imagine yourself, for a moment, as a 14-year-old girl in your first year of the exciting, terrifying, and unforgiving world that is high school. It's your birthday and all you really wanted was a brand new iPod. You unwrap your gifts fervidly and you hit pay dirt. The iPod you wanted—no, you needed! You open the packaging with great anticipation, only to discover that there is no iPod. Only rocks. Not even good rocks, or iRocks, just rocks. This scenario unfolded recently in the life of a 14-year-old in Texas. It turns out that the parents weren't merely mean, and to our knowledge the kid didn't have it coming. And we must say, rocks are a much better prize than, say, rotten meat.
It turns out that this iPod was replaced with rocks somewhere before the sale. Like any consumer would, the family went to the Target store where the "iPod" was purchased in order to replace the non-music-playing rocks. Apparently, Target's return policy for customers using their Target cards is to issue store credit only—despite the family asking for their money back, it was rocks or store credit, period. Unfortunately, the store in Fort Worth had no other iPods. The employees did, however, call around to other area Target stores and found one that had the product in Grand Prairie, 20 miles away.
The Grand Prairie store's employees, perhaps unforgivingly after hearing the sob story, insisted that the new iPod had to be purchased before opening it. The family finally agreed, purchased the iPod, and opened in in front of Target employees. Again, the box that should have contained an iPod contained rocks. The woman once again asked for her money back, but again was denied. She then, according to the article, had her daughter pick out other items in order to use the store credit.
So far, Target hasn't been apologetic—its employees were following store policy and the company is "looking" into the matter. It seems likely that both stores get their merchandise from the same distribution warehouse, and that is most likely where the problem lies. Bets on whether or not Apple intervenes before this gets resolved?
:ninja:

I'm reminded of Charlie Brown for some reason.

Like getting coal for Christmas or finding a severed finger in your chilli at Wendy's.

I thought they were talking about these kinds of rocks. :wow:

crack-15.jpg

She could actually take this to court and win, stupid woman.

I could understand the first Target store being a little apprehensive about accepting the return, it does seem a little far fetched. Although I don't know why the mother was so upset about receiving store credit, that's how most stores work, they were just gonna get another iPod anyway, sucks that the second one was full of rocks too though. I don't understand why she'd have her daughter pick out something else to use the store credit on, wait at most a week or two for a new shipment so the daughter could get the iPod she really wanted.

What I don't get about the story is, I don't see iPods that even weigh as much as one little rock.
Were these rocks tiny pebbles, like those found in aquarium bottoms?

Pumice is good rocks so it can't be pumice.
Pumice helps us clean up after working on the car.

People, always open your small high end electronics in the store, EBAY ladied with people who buy, remove, rewrap, and return

she never had an ipod so she wouldn't know how much it weighed

if it was a box full of large crack rocks i wouldn't complain, those ****s are expensive! id sell them and make atleast 5 times the amount an ipod goes for.

she never had an ipod so she wouldn't know how much it weighed
I've never had an iPod either. You can just tell.
For instance, imagine the commercial, "All of these features packed into one convenient package, roughly the weight of a box full of ROCKS!"

Sings- Dont be impressed by the rocks that she got she still, she still a 14 year old from the block.

I thought they were talking about these kinds of rocks. :wow:

crack-15.jpg

^ um,nope
To put things in perspective for ya...thats less than a hundred dollars worth of crack right there....So,it wouldnt be worth it.

I hate to sound shovanistic but....If it was me in that Target-I wouldve not only got my money back despite store policy,someone wouldve lost their job in the end.Target does have some insane policies,Ive dealt with them before.
When the school year started my neice got a new backpack from there.The next day it got ripped.So when my sister calls they tell her to come in and see the manager-"Joan". Sister goes in the next day to see this woman and she isnt there.The assistant manager tells my sister she was in the room when she spoke on the phone to the manager and "Joan" never told her to come in.

So then I went in there.And wouldnt ya know it,the story miraculously changed!
So whats the lesson=1 to hell with Target.And 2=Never send a woman to strongarm money

Who the **** buys an iPod at Target?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"