Google and Apple no longer require college degrees

Good. These major corporations really should have their own "schools" that train their employees specifically for the job they will be doing.

They already are if you consider their AI.

Good. College really doesn't matter that much unless you're gonna be a doctor or a teacher anyway.

I might add that if anyone here has a skill that is worth teaching there are platforms like Skillshare and Udemy where you can post online classes. I've got a couple of classes up and am making a couple hundred dollars each month on royalties earned. So I highly recommend if you want to try and earn yourself some extra cash on the side you should try creating a class and uploading it to one of these platforms.

Lawyers and engineers need degrees though.

There are numerous professions where an applicant needs an accredited college degree, if not more, just to be considered for a position. I don't see that changing soon, but it stands to reason that big corporations might benefit from having more say in how their employees are educated.

The fact that they do not require higher education does not mean that knowledge requirements are reduced. The resume should indicate other merits or self-developed projects. The lack of college graduation requirements is more likely to lead to looking for other options and opportunities.

I think this will lead to more resentment. They will be considered to be selfishly undermining the higher education system, disparaging a degree's value and, in not requiring it, reducing opportunity for those who work to attain it.

Or they are not requiring people to go into massive student loan debt just to get a degree that may or may not even be related to their job.

Or they are not requiring people to go into massive student loan debt just to get a degree that may or may not even be related to their job.

No, just their immortal soul to Google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"