• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Grade School Bans 'Tag' and Other Chase Games

Mister J

Enlightened to the Great Darkness
Staff member
Reaction score
Massachusetts Grade School Bans Tag, Other Chase Games

‘Accidents can happen,’ principal says to mixed reviews by parents.

ATTLEBORO, Mass. - Tag, you're out!

Officials at an elementary school south of Boston have banned kids from playing tag, touch football and any other unsupervised chase game during recess for fear they'll get hurt and hold the school liable.

Recess is "a time when accidents can happen," said Willett Elementary School Principal Gaylene Heppe, who approved the ban.

While there is no districtwide ban on contact sports during recess, local rules have been cropping up. Several school administrators around Attleboro, a city of about 45,000 residents, took aim at dodgeball a few years ago, saying it was exclusionary and dangerous. Modified versions now include softer balls and ways for children to re-enter the action.

Elementary schools in Cheyenne, Wyo., and Spokane, Wash., also recently banned tag during recess. A suburban Charleston, S.C., school outlawed all unsupervised contact sports.

"I think that it's unfortunate that kids' lives are micromanaged and there are social skills they'll never develop on their own," said Debbie Laferriere, who has two children at Willett, about 40 miles south of Boston. "Playing tag is just part of being a kid."

Another Willett parent, Celeste D'Elia, said her son feels safer because of the rule. "I've witnessed enough near collisions," she said.
First they went after Dodgeball, now this. Soon they'll tell kids they can't bully each other. :whatever: :dry:

when I was in grade school we used to play girls against boys which was like playing tag...

this country is becoming *****fied....

*****fied is right.

Freeze tag was the s*** when I was little.
Damn.

This is absurd; accidents happen in youth, and it's a part of growing up, so this is nothing more than unnecessary prevention. Yes, take away another physical activity in an 'already obese' country.:whatever:

I think all children should be placed into bubbles during recess. They can play bubble tag.

I love Freeze Tag...too bad i only played it in weight lifting my senior year in high school. Didn't play it often through...because..well..the course isn't called freeze tag.

That is ****ing ridiculous.

Holly Goodhead said:
I think all children should be placed into bubbles during recess. They can play bubble tag.

36_11_6.gif

There better not be one vote for brilliant, or they must be people who just sit in front of their computers all day with no physical life.

Why not just pump them full of lard while making them play video games instead...take the middle man right out.

Ridiculous......
But it's not just the games.......it's recess as well, many schools have been cutting it from their schedule.

Alpha and Omega said:
This is absurd; accidents happen in youth, and it's a part of growing up, so this is nothing more than unnecessary prevention. Yes, take away another physical activity in an 'already obese' country.:whatever:
We're going to turn this country into a very large version of the "Skinner Box".

God after the while the world will be like this...

Next thing you know they'll ban beebee guns and water balloons :rolleyes:

Dorian Gray said:
Ridiculous......
But it's not just the games.......it's recess as well, many schools have been cutting it from their schedule.

I loved Recess as a kid. People need fresh air and stuff.
The last thing we need are more lazy, slobby children.
There's already a crazy amount of obese kids. :down

Part of growing up is being chased at school. Tag, Dodgeball, touch football, bullies, pedophilic janitors, whatever. It was all in good fun, dammit!

i wonder what these *****fied people would think about games like suicide and hot peas and butter....

Yet another cause of childhood obesity.

We had recess up until 8th grade. I remember my first day at school, 4th grade, I was playing on the firemans pole and some girl shoved me off of it and told me I couldnt play on her playground. She died in a car crash during High School.
I win.

Holly Goodhead said:
We had recess up until 8th grade. I remember my first day at school, 4th grade, I was playing on the firemans pole and some girl shoved me off of it and told me I couldnt play on her playground. She died in a car crash during High School.
I win.

you must live that life of stephen king's "carrie".. everyone who ****ed with you in school dies in a car accident. :huh:

Holly Goodhead said:
I win.
.......:dry:

Holly Goodhead said:
I win.

yeah, Holly wins post of the day.

close hype.

BlackHardKnight said:
God after the while the world will be like this...

Don't worry. We can live in that world but eventually Fat Ass will just edit some new stuff in there when we come out on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"