Grand Theft Auto 6

In this case with RTO mandates, yeah, they're "soft layoffs". Basically Rockstar saying it's a layoff without saying it's a layoff.
You mean as far as losing people working long distance remotely? (i.e. they wouldn't be able to commute to the office anyway unless Rockstar were to set up closer facilities to them to accommodate)

I think IV, V and VI fit as a trilogy, like III, Vice City and San Andreas as a trilogy. Assuming VI still feels like a classic third person GTA game that heavily emphasizes on crime stories.
I think the entire GTA franchise heavily emphasizes on crime stories
VII could be a start of a new trilogy (hopefully no more 10 year+ gap) if they decide to feature a new location, and change the overall feel/direction of the game compare to previous games. Like for eXample, if Rockstar suddenly decides to have boss battles in GTA, feature a character creation for the story campaign and feature a skill tree that can be upgraded through skill points. Those would be such a big change for a GTA game.
what you're talking about sounds like making GTA into some like an RPG. They have kinda toyed with this idea a little bit in San Andreas, where you would have stats for a lot of different things like stamina, respect, body building, etc. But GTA has also had a lot of boss battles in the past. I think the best one might be in IV when you face Dimitri.

What I meant about boss battles, are ones in games like Resident Evil/Devil May Cry or in open world games in which you have to reach a certain level or abilities to defeat the boss.

Killing a specific npc who fights back isn't really a "boss battle" imo. The closest I could think of is the last mission in GTA San Andreas, but it was like 1/8 of a very long mission.

What I meant about boss battles, are ones in games like Resident Evil/Devil May Cry or in open world games in which you have to reach a certain level or abilities to defeat the boss.

Killing a specific npc who fights back isn't really a "boss battle" imo. The closest I could think of is the last mission in GTA San Andreas, but it was like 1/8 of a very long mission.
yeah some boss battles require more from the player than others. to me a boss battle is just the final fight in a chapter or ending of a video game, usually a villain in the story.

the Yakuza/Like a Dragon games usually has a boss fight that ends at the end of each chapter. Uc2 and Me2, two of the greatest games of the seventh generation had boss fights at the end as well, and for the former, it was about finally facing the main antagonist.

You mean as far as losing people working long distance remotely? (i.e. they wouldn't be able to commute to the office anyway unless Rockstar were to set up closer facilities to them to accommodate)
It can be people who live three hours from the office or a 10-minute walk from there... Those who have acclimated to the comfort/advantages that WFH brings will lose that with the RTO mandate. On top of that, they'll do crunch periods five days a week now. Yay...

I hope we can now stream songs via phone and not just access the songs from the riding the vehicles. I liked that Watch Dogs 2 did that, with their "phone".

I hope we can now stream songs via phone and not just access the songs from the riding the vehicles. I liked that Watch Dogs 2 did that, with their "phone".
I remember there was a way to get custom soundtracks on the PSP GTA games. I'm sure GTA6 will have a rockin' soundtrack but I think it's definitely possible they'll let users create custom soundtracks too.

there was a really old rumor that Sony bought a month of exclusivity for GTA6, but since the game has already been announced for both consoles I don't know if it was ever true. The rumor also estimated 2020 as the year it would release
the next rumor which is a little more believable is that Sony is going to get exclusive marketing rights for the game

I would feel the same way if I was working there
I hope it’s not too bad for them. It’s a bit disappointing to think that part of the excellence of some top games is achieved by taking over employee’s lives during the run in to completing a big game.

I hope it’s not too bad for them. It’s a bit disappointing to think that part of the excellence of some top games is achieved by taking over employee’s lives during the run in to completing a big game.
it's disappointing, disheartening, disconcerting, and disquieting. one year is a long time to go back into the office, how do we know they won't be stuck that way AFTER the game has been released? and this is just assuming that the game won't be delayed any further...

it's disappointing, disheartening, disconcerting, and disquieting. one year is a long time to go back into the office, how do we know they won't be stuck that way AFTER the game has been released? and this is just assuming that the game won't be delayed any further...
Crunch is bad but I would hope that after the game is released the crunch wouldn't be needed any more. And as Rockstar take so long to release games maybe these periods wouldn't be as frequent as for other games.

Crunch is bad but I would hope that after the game is released the crunch wouldn't be needed any more. And as Rockstar take so long to release games maybe these periods wouldn't be as frequent as for other games.
one would hope, yes. but this return to office mandate that Rockstar is implementing is part of a much larger system in our world that a lot of employers are starting to do. so yes, I would hope that the Rockstar employees can go back to being hybrid or remote (and hopefully enjoy a nice big bonus) after GTA6 is launched, but the cynic in me is feeling like it's just going to stay that way.

one would hope, yes. but this return to office mandate that Rockstar is implementing is part of a much larger system in our world that a lot of employers are starting to do. so yes, I would hope that the Rockstar employees can go back to being hybrid or remote (and hopefully enjoy a nice big bonus) after GTA6 is launched, but the cynic in me is feeling like it's just going to stay that way.
Employees value the flexibility these days so either companies pay higher wages to compensate or I hope they lose key staff and regret it.

Employees value the flexibility these days so either companies pay higher wages to compensate or I hope they lose key staff and regret it.
employers often underestimate how much their employees are worth. I feel like it just isn't efficient to slay experienced workers and train new ones, rather than keep your experienced workers and keep them happy.

If it comes out before May I'll be happy but I'm still *cautiously* optimistic with Rockstar because both GTA V and RDR II were delayed from their original dates. I really do believe that Rockstar is aiming for early 2025 but they just put 2025 in the trailer as a safety net if it does end up coming out in the fall.

If it comes out before May I'll be happy but I'm still *cautiously* optimistic with Rockstar because both GTA V and RDR II were delayed from their original dates. I really do believe that Rockstar is aiming for early 2025 but they just put 2025 in the trailer as a safety net if it does end up coming out in the fall.
it is a safe bet to say that the game is going to be delayed. every single GTA release from the seventh generation onward has been delayed. I don't remember if the Ps2 GTA remasters were delayed too, but if they were then that also further proves my point.

but still...this is something to be excited for even if it doesn't come around at that exact time

This is the only PS5 game I'm planning to buy during its launch week.

Damn, I needed a new GTA game since 2018.

I keep hearing conflicting reports. One day I hear that Ps5 pro will never handle GTA6 at 60fps, then the next day there's a report like this saying they're on track to have it be 60fps on the pro. I'm inclined to believe the former tbh.

They want to overwork/crunch the employees to make it out in 2025. At least that's the supposed excuse to force people into the office.
This is truly awful. I'm just as hyped as the next guy for GTA6, but I'd honestly be perfectly fine with them taking longer to develop if it means not ruining people's lives in the process.

As someone who works in a hybrid schedule who's worked in a career that's mostly been remote, I hate going into the office.

I would be surprised if its out in 12 to 15 months.

But I still have to catch up to a dozen of ps5 games, so 2026 isn't far off from now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"