• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Grand Theft Auto

r8hitman

Civilian
Reaction score
cover.jpg

I didnt see one, so I'm starting a Grand Theft Auto thread for all GTA games.

(I apologise if there is one, and one of you guys can go ahead and lock this up.:yay: )

Anyone know if there going to do a GTA: San Andreas Stories?

I really wish this was PS3 exclusive, not just to spite 360 fans (but hell, why not, haha), but also so they can fully utilize its power and not be hindered by the 360. I want them to be able to use all 25 gigs of the Blu-ray and be able to use the harddrive.

I really wish this was PS3 exclusive, not just to spite 360 fans (but hell, why not, haha), but also so they can fully utilize its power and not be hindered by the 360. I want them to be able to use all 25 gigs of the Blu-ray and be able to use the harddrive.
GTA games only get bigger with each installement so theres a chance that the next one might be.

As far as CrypticOne's question about a SA: Stories, I havent heard anything and Im not sure if they will do one bc SA was huge and might not be able to fit onto a UMD for the PSP

GTA games only get bigger with each installement so theres a chance that the next one might be.

As far as CrypticOne's question about a SA: Stories, I havent heard anything and Im not sure if they will do one bc SA was huge and might not be able to fit onto a UMD for the PSP

Thanks man. Well, thats bad news for me. Well, I hope they do another one on the PSP soon.

What I want is Tommy Vercetti coming back to a GTA game, he was the best character in my eyes.

2 disk games = Impossible

Also, the hard-drive is only usable for faster streaming to shorten loading times, and even back on the Xbox 1, few developers used it. It's not going to allow for higher polygons or anything like that.

Thanks man. Well, thats bad news for me. Well, I hope they do another one on the PSP soon.

What I want is Tommy Vercetti coming back to a GTA game, he was the best character in my eyes.
Its possible that they could cut out one of the towns from SA, but then that would take away from the overall environment.

I truly enjoyed all of the GTA games, but I really glad that GTA4 isn't PS3 exclusive... I really don't want to pay $600 for a PS3.

then I hope your not a metal gear fan.

You do know there's not a single PS3 game out that uses all 25 gigs of the Blu-Ray discs right? Well, they do, but it's multiple copies of the same game, to cut down on the PS3's loading times (which even after having multiple copies of the game on the disc, and for some actually installing parts of it to the hard drive, are still very long). So the Xbox 360 isn't "holding back" any non-exclusive title. It's an old, tired, and totally unfounded argument as well.

You do know there's not a single PS3 game out that uses all 25 gigs of the Blu-Ray discs right? Well, they do, but it's multiple copies of the same game, to cut down on the PS3's loading times (which even after having multiple copies of the game on the disc, and for some actually installing parts of it to the hard drive, are still very long). So the Xbox 360 isn't "holding back" any non-exclusive title. It's an old, tired, and totally unfounded argument as well.
A totally unfounded argument, even when the developers themselves said it?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/785/785344p1.html

The Source IGN cited in that article was "UK Official PlayStation Magazine". Need I say more? :whatever:
what so you think they miswrote what the developers said? Thats a jorunalism no no and there would have been a retraction by now if they wrote that and the developer didnt say it

Metal Gear Solid 4, in probability, will be available on multiple platforms.

I dont see that happening. If anything, all the metal gear sites I go to seem to say the same thing, that kojima is leaving MGS4 as a ps3 exclusive.

Theres no way that MGS4 will be on any other system but the PS3. It just isn't happening. MGS5, Maybe.

people like to stir up noise. I remember one site actually "confirmed" that MGS4 was coming to the 360 about a month or 2 ago. Of course no major game site covered it as it was all false

what so you think they miswrote what the developers said? Thats a jorunalism no no and there would have been a retraction by now if they wrote that and the developer didnt say it

The developer said something like "There are problems with both systems" but every subsequent writing about the article makes it out the be the 360 having problems and the ps3 being held behind.

No, I'm saying that if you're being interviewed for an article that PS3 fans are going to be reading, you're not going to say "The Xbox version is waaaay better" (exaggerated to make a point, I don't feel like typing a lot and being subtle.)

If there is another/older GTA thread then let me know....shut me (and this thread) up.

Otherwise....what is your complaint?

Well, first of all GTA isn't a Sony game, it's a multi-platform game, therefore it shouldn't be in the Sony section. And second, there's a GTA thread in the Multiplatform section.

who cares, theres a gta thread in the Microsoft section too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"