Gravity Falls

Superman 1265

Sidekick
Reaction score
Gravity Falls is the latest cartoon to hit the Disney Channel.

Gravity Falls is an American animated television series created by Alex Hirsch. (former writer for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Fish Hooks) The first episode aired as a preview on June 15, 2012 and the series officially debuted on June 29, 2012.

The show concerns the adventures of 12 year-old twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose summer plans are ruined when their parents send them off to their Great Uncle Stan in the fictional town of Gravity Falls, Oregon. "Grunkle" Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which overcharges unlucky visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum, but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.

I watched a few episodes and was instantly hooked, it's surprisingly good for a Disney Channel show. Definitely worth checking out.

[YT]Z6usKhzL8uI[/YT]

Last edited:
The premise sounds interesting and the video looks good also. I'll check it out.

Show was under my radar but I am so glad I found it. One of the best animated comedies on TV today. Definitely worth a look.

I was finally able to check this series out! It is very, very good! It is creepy, funny and charming at the same time. Everybody should check this out.

By the way, does anybody know when will the next episodes air?

Recently started watching this after reading good things about it. It is quickly growing to be one of the better and funnier toons on tv.

I like this show as well. Too bad about the year long hiatus.

Did anyone catch the first two episodes of the new season? Some great stuff all around. It seems like this season will be more focused on the overall mystery than last season was.

Holy Molly! Gravity Falls has returned?!

I need to catch up!

I meant with these new episodes, I'm up to date XD

Yeah, this is my show man.

Anyone watch the latest episode? Some genuinely disturbing stuff with a lot of plot thrown in there at the last few minutes.

The next two episodes, "Not What He Seems" and "Return of the Gleeful", seem to be very plot-focused as well.

This thing is a classic, man. It feels like the cartoons they had back in the 90s.

Not a lot of activity in this thread, but tonight's episode was fantastic. I loved the meta jokes about the show itself. Probably one of its funniest episodes yet (and that's saying something, since the show is hilarious). Grenda using a recliner as her weapon of choice was amazing. And having Weird Al as a guest voice is always a good thing.

Got into this show recently and all caught up AND THIS IS AWESOME! More people need to get on this! Loved tonight's episode. Only a matter of time for Mabel and Dipper to get "stupid". BUY GOLD!

Yeah, the meta humor was funny, but a bit weird since the show's never really done that before.

A light break from all the intense revelations and backstory of the last few episodes, while still not ignoring the events that happened previously.

Let's hope that September will bring new episodes after the upcoming one.

Awesome, the return of [blackout]Bill, with a lot more backstory about him.[/blackout] Also, I loved the gnome drug bust. There's a sentence.

Awesome, the return of [blackout]Bill, with a lot more backstory about him.[/blackout] Also, I loved the gnome drug bust. There's a sentence.

His endgame seems predictable. I kinda hope there's a lot more than just [BLACKOUT]releasing his brethren to our dimension[/BLACKOUT].

I wonder who will be his next victim? I'm thinking Stanley.

More people need to be talking about Gravity Falls. I watched a couple of episodes out of context and thought it was good, but it wasn't until I watched the first season all the way through that I understood how good this show is. One of the best animated shows ever.

Series finale was beautiful. Bill Cipher is a ****ing nightmare.

What a great series and such a great finale. The finale was exciting and the final moments were extremely touching.

Can't wait for Hirsch's next project.

If the secret codes and the teaser images at the very end were any indication, there's one more mystery left to solve.

As for the finale, while it didn't answer every question and left a few minor loose ties, it was very satisfying, particularly on an emotional level. I'll miss this show.

Fantastic final episode. One of the best animated series ever and arguably the best Disney animated series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"