Greatest portrayal of Batman?

Kilmer.
Looks like Affleck will take the top spot soon though.

I came into this thread to vote for Kevin Conroy and couldn't find him on the list.
If overall interpretations could be listed (not just live-action), Bale, Keaton, West and Conroy are most definitely my top four.

I love BTAS and Conroy, but I hate it whenever his name was kept being brought up in comparison with the actors. He is just a voice actor.

I love BTAS and Conroy, but I hate it whenever his name was kept being brought up in comparison with the actors. He is just a voice actor.

Fair enough. despite the batvoice bale is my favorite so far but I expect Affleck's to exceed him in my personal preference.

Just because he's a voice actor doesn't mean he can't be included.

Hi everyone. :)

Keaton and Bale have been the best, no doubt to me.

But Keaton takes the cookie as he was more mysterious than loud-mouthed. Bale's bat-voice killed the act for me at one point since I couldn't even understand what he was saying, nor was I able to take Batman seriously when he had to breathe like he was dying from an emphysema just to say a couple of lines.

Cheers.

I'm going to say this new Batman...just by the look and the direction they are taking him it feels like the Batman i've been waiting for. I didn't like Nolan's Batman.

Just because he's a voice actor doesn't mean he can't be included.

Thank you. It's a big pet peeve of mine when people ignorantly say stuff like "they're just a voice actor". As if it's something that doesn't require as much emoting, range and psychology as conventional acting does just because they use their vocals and not their bodies for expression.

Fact of the matter is if someone isn't good at voice acting they could really make something that's otherwise very well written and competent fall completely flat. Just like somebody that's great at it could really elevate something that's very mediocre outside of the performance quite greatly. No different than conventional acting.

Last edited:
That's a good point. I watched All-Star Superman a few months ago and the guy who voiced Supes (James Denton) was awful. He was so soft-spoken it was almost creepy. It didn't completely ruin the movie, but it certainly didn't help it.

I3UwgOK.gif

One of my favorite Keaton moments.

He didn't turn his neck, though. 0/10. Horrible scene.

Keaton- took the mysterious side of batman
Bale- more emotional background

Two different styles.

Keaton, if Nolan contuined down the path of Begins and with less sore throat it would have been Bale.

I always thought that Jim Caviezel would have made a great Bruce Wayne but I don't know if he would have been a good Bats tho :/

JCaviezel-1.jpg

keaton everytime, hes a badass without trying and has that mysterious aura. bale is just trying to hard and while the movies are great(with the exception of 3) the whole thing just seems scared to actually admit what it is

the perfect batman film would have been keaton vs ledger

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"