Greg Berlanti to Direct Rock Hudson Biopic

....... yeah, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the story of a closeted movie heartthrob who was left to die by Nancy Reagan. :o

Better?

6-A34-D42-B-A998-497-D-8854-80720-DA078-FA.jpg

I would have loved for Todd Haynes to direct this, but then he already covered a lot of this ground with Far from Heaven and Carol.

Last edited:
Benjamin Walker doesn’t have the acting chops.

I would watch this.

I wonder who they’ll get to play Liv Tyler?

I was going to say that Teller is too short for the role. But a quick check tells me he’s 6’ - taller than I thought. That’s workable. (Hudson was 6’5”.) And you're right; there is a passing resemblinks.

6' is workable? 5" is usually a pretty big difference in height and stature. And frankly I'm surprised if Teller is actually 6', because for some reason he doesn't come across very tall in his movies (I'd guess more like 5'10"). I'd be surprised if a taller actor wasn't cast, like Ben Affleck for example. I know Affleck doesn't quite look as similar, but he has the height, and I'd imagine the pull in Hollywood to get cast if he wanted to play the role.

Props for doing a story about someone that ran the gamut of history for gay men in society and entertainment that included classic Hollywood up to the Reagan era...

But FFS? Berlanti?

This will not be good. Period.

6' is workable? 5" is usually a pretty big difference in height and stature. And frankly I'm surprised if Teller is actually 6', because for some reason he doesn't come across very tall in his movies (I'd guess more like 5'10"). I'd be surprised if a taller actor wasn't cast, like Ben Affleck for example. I know Affleck doesn't quite look as similar, but he has the height, and I'd imagine the pull in Hollywood to get cast if he wanted to play the role.

Hudson was classically “tall, dark and handsome.” So to the extent that Teller can pull that off (with lifts or other movie magic), he might be a decent casting choice. And while Teller’s height may not be ideal, it’s better than (say) the Zac Efron range. :crso:

I’m not sure what period(s) this biography will cover. But if it goes from young leading man (1950s) to older TV star (in the 70s and 80s), an actor of intermediate age could be the compromise. That somewhat disqualifies Teller. Perhaps Affleck too. Moreover, if the ravages of illness are to be depicted, a Christian Bale-level of weight loss could be required. :wow:

Props for doing a story about someone that ran the gamut of history for gay men in society and entertainment that included classic Hollywood up to the Reagan era...

But FFS? Berlanti?

As the article mentions, Berlanti’s involvement probably arises more from the very positively received Love, Simon - and not so much from his Green Lantern screenplay. :word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"