Grimm Fairy Tales

Amashelle

Civilian
Reaction score
Does anyone out there read the Grimm Fairy Tales, by Zenescope?

It's a great series. Creepy (even more so than some of the original Grimm tales... The Ugly Duckling was particularly disturbing). I've only read vol. 5 so far (I hate starting things in the middle, but the art work caught my eye).

For anyone who hasn't read it, each issue tells two stories: the original fable, and a re-interpretation of it in the modern world. For example, the Little Mermaid is a poor girl who is pushed to seduce a rich man. Working through both stories is a mysterious character called Belinda who seems to be manipulating the stories, especially the modern versions, to her own ends... whatever they may be.

I need to track down volumes one through 4. It's bugging me.

Since I couldn't find a thread discussing these comics in here I thought it would be okay to start one. Mostly because I'd love to discuss what Belinada's purpose might be.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I just started reading these as well, and your right, the art work is pretty interesting, and the stories are pretty cool quick reads. But I am aslo curious as to what Belindas end game is and what her goals are? Good question, cause I have the same one.

GFT is absolutely amazing. A friend got me into it, but i've got a lot of blanks in my collection. Belinda I believe is suppose to be the antithesis of Sela (Sela being a guardian between Earth and the dimensions of Wonderland, Oz, Neverland etc.). I don't know, maybe both of them are building armies (or at least Belinda. People that read her fairytale book kinda get sucked into them), heading for a show down. Maybe Belinda wants all 5 dimensions to bleed into each other creating havoc for all?

And if you haven't read the Wonderland books, do so if you want really twisted reimaginings. Also The Piper was kinda interesting too.

That makes more sense to me, cause I jumped intio around issue 31, and I really do dig the stories, art and covers, but I keep wondering what the two ladies are trying to pull. I need to go back and reread the ones I have now with this is mind. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"