Group Unveils Satan Statue Design for Oklahoma

NickNitro

Extra Terrestrial
Reaction score
Come on kids! Lets go sit on Satan's lap today!

A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

http://news.yahoo.com/group-unveils-satan-statue-design-oklahoma-224102124.html

Come on kids! Lets go sit on Satan's lap today!

A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

http://news.yahoo.com/group-unveils-satan-statue-design-oklahoma-224102124.html

There's no way the city will allow them to do that. Even though it can't say no, it probably still will.

A lot of people don't understand, but Satanists are harmless.

lol you didnt have to quote me, you were the first poster

For me, this is so wrong in so many infinite ways. :facepalm:

Lame. It'll get laughed out of court.

Why'd it have to be a Satan monument?

I realize they're supposed to be emphasizing the separation of church and state but the Satanic thing is just going to rally the religious right.

Oh,t his is going to be a long "My imaginary friend is better than yours" debate.

There's no way the city will allow them to do that. Even though it can't say no, it probably still will.

That's how tolerance works.

Why'd it have to be a Satan monument?

I realize they're supposed to be emphasizing the separation of church and state but the Satanic thing is just going to rally the religious right.
Similar requests for monuments have been made by a Hindu leader in Nevada, an animal rights group and the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
In response, the Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission recently placed a moratorium on considering any new requests.
According to the article requests for other monuments have been made, and also rejected/or moratoriumed. Monument to the Koran would be no less jarring. Personally i'd rather see protest petitions for more lighter fare monuments of something like Odin, Masonic icons, Cthulhu, Cernunnos, Ēl or Charlton Heston(holding ape hieroglyphic tablets) or a statue of Yoda venerating Jedi etc. If you're not superstitious/religious it doesn't really mater what they petition, it's by the act of petitioning and bringing attention to it they are making a point. If you are christian/superstitious/religious they will probably all bother you.:funny:

masons_washington_baphomet.jpg

Last edited:
So...they wanna build a statue of Sawyer in Oklahoma? Man, he's popular, isn't he? :o

:oldrazz:

Reminds me of the Festivus poll they put up in Tallahassee this year right by the nativity scene

What's funny is whoever paid for and got his 10 Cs monument approved, left it full of spelling mistakes.
And there it stands.
Those petitioning for their own monuments, should throw in - and we'll include the correct spelling of the commandments - engraved somewhere on the new monument.
Therefore justifying them on the grounds as being more correct, those wanting to see the commandments spelled correctly! will have to turn to monuments of spaghetti monster, Hanuman or goat head holding them.:funny:

Last edited:
Satan's not that bad of a guy. If anything, he's misunderstood.

Not that these stories aren't entertaining, but can we get news from different parts of the world? The last few "news" threads that have been started came from the US.

As someone from the states, I didn't think any other country really mattered?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOklahoma, where Satan comes sweepin' down the plain...

Yeah... no thanks. No one wants a satan statue, except the satanists. And its totally creepy.

Not that these stories aren't entertaining, but can we get news from different parts of the world? The last few "news" threads that have been started came from the US.

So go find some international news stories and post them. Plain and simple.

So go find some international news stories and post them. Plain and simple.

Nice snarky answer. I don't want to flood the Community Forum with news stories, especially since 2 other users are already posting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"