Grudge Match (Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro)

This looks like a lot of fun.

Really sad that Stallone and De Niro (this one especially !) have in the last 15-20 years made nothing but a caricature of themselves. This honestly feels like the converging point of what has been a degrading trajectory in both actors.

But hey , it probably pays the bills.

Really sad that Stallone and De Niro (this one especially !) have in the last 15-20 years made nothing but a caricature of themselves. This honestly feels like the converging point of what has been a degrading trajectory in both actors.

It's all fun and games, man. Why do they have to take things seriously in this line of work? They are entertainers. Nothing to prove anymore. I guess if this comedy bombs, the lights will go out on them... eventually.

Last edited:
Deniro made at least 5 masterpieces in his life and won 2 oscars. he can do cheap movies for the paycheck. IMO

Isn't this one sided? Stallone is still in fantastic shape. And De Niro is very far from his Raging Bull days. In real life this would be a no brainer and Stallone would absolutely whoop De Niro.

Isn't this just rocky balboa pretty much with Deniro thrown in? I mean even the whole video game simulation thing giving him the motivation to come back?

I don't know like arguably everything stallone is attached to these days, it would have probably made more sense if it came out maybe 15 years ago.

Isn't this one sided? Stallone is still in fantastic shape. And De Niro is very far from his Raging Bull days. In real life this would be a no brainer and Stallone would absolutely whoop De Niro.

They're obviously not drug testing before the fight :o

Looks alright. The fight is probably going to be cringe worthy and its basically a funnier Rocky Balboa. But Arkin and De Niro should make this worth it

Handsome new poster.

Kinda surprised De Niro gets billing over Stallone! I think Stallone is the much much bigger star.

Sadder is that they're making caricatures out of those caricatures of their past.

Do they have serious money problems?

Sadder is that they're making caricatures out of those caricatures of their past.

Do they have serious money problems?

I doubt it. They're at a point in their careers where they have nothing left to prove and can do pretty much any project they want.

New poster. To someone who said above Stallone has juice, well DeNiro has CGI. :woot:

I saw this today. It was okay, nothing really memorable. It's the kind of movie I feel okay showing to my mom. In the beginning they show Stallone and De Niro in their younger days and the CGI used in those parts is pretty wild.

That's the problem with Peter Segal. None of his movies resonate with me. His 'Get Smart' was fine, but he didn't completely capture the Mel Brooks tone.

The only movie of his that I would say I loved is "Tommy Boy", and that's mostly due to nostalgia. He's one of those directors stuck in a weird purgatory where he isn't producing terrible films, but they aren't particularly spectacular.

Also, I feel I should warn people that there's a particularly bad child actor in the movie. The kid had this weird overly cute voice that was super annoying and they gave him dialog that was too smart for a kid his age. It was everything I hate about poorly crafted child characters in one movie.

I forgot to mention that there's a pretty hilarious cameo at the end of the film that reunites another pair of famous boxers.

After the movie, Kevin Hart's character starts setting up another Grudge Match. This time between Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield. He has them setting down in his office and he's trying to convince Evander to agree to the fight, it's probably the funniest moment in the film.

Sad to see how badly this film is doing at the box office.

This has not been Stallone or DeNiro's year (well, at least DeNiro had a minor hit with Last Vegas).

It'll probably do well on DVD/Blu-Ray and I can't imagine the budget was too big so it won't be too much of a financial hit for the studio. But yeah, definitely not a box office winner.

The budget was $40 million without marketing so I don't think it really has a chance of making its money back. The word of mouth isn't good enough that I can see it having legs through January.

I still want to see this I always see everything Sly does regardless.

The budget was $40 million without marketing so I don't think it really has a chance of making its money back. The word of mouth isn't good enough that I can see it having legs through January.

It'll do fine worldwide.

"I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
- Michael Caine, when asked if he had seen Jaws: The Revenge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"