Guitar Hero III gets Halo theme as a free DLC song.

Reaction score
:huh: :cmad: :dry:

---

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7901

In appreciation of Guitar Hero and Halo fans alike, Neversoft, Bungie, Activision/RedOctane and Microsoft have all joined forces to bring players the iconic Halo theme (MJOLNIR Mix) as a free playable song for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, exclusively for Xbox 360 from Microsoft. The theme will be available from Xbox Live Marketplace on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22nd.

The Halo theme was written, composed, and performed by Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori; and the MJOLNIR Mix features guitars performed by the Grammy Award winning guitar hero, Steve Vai.

“It’s a real pleasure to hear one of the best loved and most iconic themes from Bungie’s Halo Universe in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock,” said Marty O’Donnell, Composer and Audio Director for Bungie Studios. “As longtime fans of the Guitar Hero franchise, it was great to collaborate with Neversoft and Activision/RedOctane to offer this exciting free download to our fans.”

I love how they have to say "One of the" for fear of evil marketing enforcers... that's rich.

Great step for GH3... but I'm still salivating at the thought of four player ownage.

블라스;13301056 said:
:huh: :cmad: :dry:

---

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7901

In appreciation of Guitar Hero and Halo fans alike, Neversoft, Bungie, Activision/RedOctane and Microsoft have all joined forces to bring players the iconic Halo theme (MJOLNIR Mix) as a free playable song for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, exclusively for Xbox 360 from Microsoft. The theme will be available from Xbox Live Marketplace on Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 22nd.

The Halo theme was written, composed, and performed by Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori; and the MJOLNIR Mix features guitars performed by the Grammy Award winning guitar hero, Steve Vai.

“It’s a real pleasure to hear one of the best loved and most iconic themes from Bungie’s Halo Universe in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock,” said Marty O’Donnell, Composer and Audio Director for Bungie Studios. “As longtime fans of the Guitar Hero franchise, it was great to collaborate with Neversoft and Activision/RedOctane to offer this exciting free download to our fans.”

F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's with the frownie face, dude? This is GOOD news.

Oh man, that's pretty cool, but I'm still probably going to get Rock Band.

F**K YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's with the frownie face, dude? This is GOOD news.

I don't know, I'm not the biggest Halo fan, I don't even know how the song goes, and I haven't bought my 360 yet :cmad:
But of course, I will download it and play it :ninja: :O

I like playing guitar hero it's fun. But now i can't wait to play a song (especially a theme song) of another game i enjoy. And on top of that... ITS FREE =D

OMG! I downloaded the Demo for Guitar Hero III. HOLY SH**! This game is like crack! I had to make myself stop playing. I still have Pat Benetar's voice in my head, & Pearl Jams, Evenflow is hard as sh**!

Sounds cool, another reason for me to pick up GHIII

OMG! I downloaded the Demo for Guitar Hero III. HOLY SH**! This game is like crack! I had to make myself stop playing. I still have Pat Benetar's voice in my head, & Pearl Jams, Evenflow is hard as sh**!

That's a cover of Pat Benetar.

The people that do the covers for Activision. :huh:

If that is a cover. That is one heck of a cover. It sounds just like her.

I hated what they did to the music in Halo 2. Halo 3 thankfully revived it.

The Halo theme is my absolute favourite song written for a video game. EVER. I'm glad to see its recognized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"