• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Guyver Discussions [merged-3]

master_chief

Civilian
Reaction score
i like the anime seies and the second movie was just wondering if anyone else does

I have the two first DVD things upstairs...haven't watched them yet though. :o

i'm only familiar with the american live action version which i was tpped off to while watching a movie called infra- man, i got copies of both movies and liked them. in fact while posting in a guyver thread at www.kungfucinema.com i suggested it was time for a NEW liveguyver film what do you think?

The live action films stink (The costume rocks though), I want the anime series to be continued (it was never finished:mad: ) and the rest of the manga to be translated.

Originally posted by guyverjay
The live action films stink (The costume rocks though), I want the anime series to be continued (it was never finished:mad: ) and the rest of the manga to be translated.
i agree about the costume iron man and deathlock should look that good do you think cartoon network will ever pick up the guyver?

I want the anime series to be continued (it was never finished:mad: )
So that's why I thought the ending was inconclusive.:o

The live-action movies are extremely embarassing.

^just shows you how much mark hamill's career has gone down the crapper

the first film was poor, but still fun to watch, and i really liked the second. on the cartoon i only seen bits and though its out on video i'm not paying £13 for one eposode per tape

Anyone else think that the guyver storyline could make a GREAT one hour live action tv series?

Originally posted by the_ultimate_evil
the first film was poor, but still fun to watch, and i really liked the second. on the cartoon i only seen bits and though its out on video i'm not paying £13 for one eposode per tape

I don't know what weird shops you go to but its £13 for FOUR episode per tape not one.

Originally posted by 3dman27
i agree about the costume iron man and deathlock should look that good do you think cartoon network will ever pick up the guyver?

guyver.jpg

Dunno it used to be on the sci fi channel years ago. There was only 12 eps made and that doesn't even scratch the surface of the whole story:(

guyver.jpg

Dunno it used to be on the sci fi channel years ago. There was only 12 eps made and that doesn't even scratch the surface of the whole story:(

Have you ever read any manga beyond what's been translated? I'm curious to know how the story continues since Viz will most likely never finish it.

Unfortunately no:(

I hoping some fan will translate it or already has.

Originally posted by Spider-Hulk 612
Anyone else think that the guyver storyline could make a GREAT one hour live action tv series?
yes i do how about you guyverjay?

No for it to remain faithful it would cost too much money

I don't know what weird shops you go to but its £13 for FOUR episode per tape not one.

just my local virgin megastore, but i saw them about late 02 early 03 and never seen them again from then. so it may have changed

just my local virgin megastore, but i saw them about late 02 early 03 and never seen them again from then. so it may have changed

Even when they first ever came out whe I was in school, mid 90's they were only £5 per episode:confused:

Holy crap a new live action version would be great!

I mean, ever see Ichi The Killer?

Come on, they could get away with Guyver.

if you have a dvd player all of the first part is on two discs i bought mine at sam goody there is a second set that hasnt come out yet though wish theyd hurry.

I'd take another live action movie. Taken seriously of course.

I'd love a new Guyver movie. Either a major American or Japanese release. Guyver 2: Dark Hero was great for its budget, at least in terms of action and story. The Guyver suit itself was also quite impressive.

i said no,*Guyver like evil dead and power rangers(the first ones) ,its charm was in its camp and 80's feeling. Making another one,it would have new cgi and all that fancy pants cr@p. I suggest fixing up the female version ,Witchblade.That tv show was in no way like the comics.Id like to see that brought to the big screen with all the new age technology.Leave Guyver to its old charm.

*movie ,i havent seen the anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"