Happy Feet

Master Chief said:
So... what? This turns into a depressing epical horrifying adventure? I thought it was just dancing penguins. :confused:
Yeah, pretty much.

When the main penguin gets put in a zoo, he starts to lose his mind and trip out, seeing his family and they keep telling him to eat. He keeps screaming at the humans behind the glass to help him, but they just laugh at him. It was a pretty depressing scene. :(

The killer whales and sea lion were very scary, even for adults, they were very nasty-looking in their design. The killer whales end up beating on the penguins like they do in real life, flipping them into the air with their mouths/tails and such.

Man, I'd be soooo pissed if I were a parent and took my kid. :D

Also..

He gets lost and ends up on the south side, where all the penguins are hispanic/Mexican-accented. Racists. :o

Plus there's a seal voiced by Steve Irwin. :(

Yeah, I saw this with a group of friends...kindof as a joke. We had a good time for the most part, but like everyone said, it gets depressing as hell at one point. I was just sitting there going, "What the ****?" and looking around at the shocked faces of kids.

But other than that, it was a fairly good film. The animation was beautiful, it had a cute story and a good message. Even as someone much older than the target audience, I was able to appreciate. We got a kick out of it.

They're always driving me nuts when I go to the store,serves the little monsters right. I can't wait to see it.

This will be the equivalent of Bambi's mother getting shot, and Mrs. Brisby meeting Brutus in Secret of NIMH. It'll warp them.

tzarinna said:
My god,why am I laughing? :csad:

I'm laughing too.

I think there's just something cartoony upon first hearing it.... just the way it's described.

The scenes themselves will probably actually be depressing, but the description of it- eh...

It's great that this movie is a little dark. And surprising that it would get so dark. When I heard about the zoo, I was even surprised that it had gone there.

Seeing it next week, been waiting to return home for Thanksgiving break. IMAX.:cwink:

What´s the deal with the popularity of penguins these days? Madagascar, March Of Penguins, now this... It´s birds who can´t fly, can´t sing and walk like a constipated Charles Chaplin!

They're so cute.
But I'm more of a Puffin person. :yay:

I really enjoyed this movie alot more than i expected. I'm not a big Robin Williams fan, and i expected this to be overkill with Robin Williams. It wasn't...and the leopard seal / killer whale scenes were very dark and creepy.

Awesome.

I love dark cartoons.

At first I wrote it off as just another generic animated monthely animal cartoon.

But it sounds cool.

False advertising pisses me off, though.

Yea I saw this movie last night.

It was OK. Some scenes were accually very intense. The main penguin almost getting eaten be a seal and 1 penguin getting choked by a six pack package type thing.

Steve Irwin does the voice of a huge Elepant Seal
407_ul-elephant-face.jpg

Please tell me I wasn't crazy...at the beginning of this movie...didn't Hugh and Nicole sing Let's Talk about sex for a few seconds? Like they sang a verse and then in the next scene showed Hugh protecting his egg. My friends and I heard it, but I can't believe they would sing it in a childrens movie...did they? I might be going crazy...

I got my Imax tickets online today,seeing it tomorrow.

I sat in the second row at Imax,it took a bit to get used to. The place was of course packed and the little ones felt the need to have running commentary. I wanted to strangle little **** behind me that felt the need to use my seat to keep time with the beat. :cmad: She got the message after I gave a few signals.
I'm having a hard time believing this was targeted towards children. From the very opening, the courting was a little on the sensual side. "I'll make love to you."? Gloria and Mumble ending up in some very grown up positions.
I loved all the dancing,mix of tap and step. :up: Penguins feet are not cute by the way.
So poor little Mumble has developmental issues because he was out in the cold for a spell. :csad:
It was very beautiful both visually and emotionally. I got a little teary eyed. :cmad:

I might see it again.

Loved this movie. Granted the unintentional emotional child abuse in the begining was sad. And the last 35 mins came out of left field. It was a little odd when that ball started rolling, but it was still really enjoyable.

The music was so good, and friggin hilarious. Some have said its adult like, but kids have already heard alot of those songs, and they have got to know how all those birds got there in the first place.

But yea, I would so give this movie a 4.5 out of 5.

Just saw it and it was great. Loved how they communicated through song- that was a really amazing audio 'effect'. And Hugh is a great singer, in my opinion. Didn't know Wolverine had that great of a voice.

Also, the effects on how the people were shown as actual real people and that integration was really a nice step. Wonder if future CGI films follow suit, because it actually looked good- might have just been in this film though.

So "Happy Feet" is basically a bad title.

It should be "Happy Movie, But Then Turns Racist and Depressing For Adults To Watch It As Well."

:( :down:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"