Happy Feet

They should hand out tissue at the theatre,they know it's coming. :cmad:
I forgot mine. :O

farmerfran said:
So "Happy Feet" is basically a bad title.

It should be "Happy Movie, But Then Turns Racist and Depressing For Adults To Watch It As Well."

:( :down:

Why is it so racist? Nearly every ethnic group was represented. Autralians and Brits were elephant seals too. That's like saying that they are big ugly fat lazy people. Where's the complaints about that. Or the crazy Russian vocal coach or mean sea? Or the gender roles and men looking completely inefficiant about children raising? Or the anti-Catholic undertones? There were more insults than Latinoes are only good for comedy...:csad:

But in the end I think the biggest insult was to Big Industry. You never know when they are gonna come along and take all your food away. Booo on them.

But all in all it was a funny and oddly emotional movie.

I forgot to mention that my screening audience applauded. :p

people think its racist cuz the little penguins have strong hispanic accents, and if u want, i guess u could somehow make urself think that they tend to act stereotypically hispanic as well.

but its only highstrung people screaming that.

im hispanic and i loved every second of it, and all of the other hispanic people in the theater were laughing their asses off in every scene of the little penguins, probly cuz many of us could relate.

seriously this is the best animated movie ive seen since the incredibles imo

Ender Durden said:
seriously this is the best animated movie ive seen since the incredibles imo

:up: Visually stunning, emotional, hilarious, scary, romantic (OK its a bit weird to see penguins getting jiggy), musical and above all I wanted to jump up and start tap dancing!

I could barely contain myself during the first 30 mins or so, how damn cute were the little penguins? Had to chuckle then the little fat one turned out to be voiced by Fat Joe. I love the music, Nicole & Hugh's accent threw me off at first because they were so different. Robin Williams had me chuckling like crazy as Ramon/Lovelace. It was different to what I was expecting, it was slightly dark at time but I liked the eco friendly message.

Let me tell something to you, for me, it was one of the best movies of the year so I'm gonna give it 9/10. I got them Happy Feet. Oh yeah the dancing was done in a similar way to Gollum/King Kong.

You know what confuses me? And it has nothing to do with this board, it is just in general. People complained about Monster House because they thought it was racist, had scary scenes, and had sexual undertones. I personally did not believe any of that. It was a great children's movie. The characters in this sing "Let's Talk About Sex", feature a penguin choking to death, scary chase scenes, and lots of sexual undertones and there is no complaints. No, I don't think the movie was scary, but the sea lion scenes, to me, where much more frightening than Monster House and the sexual undertones were 10 times more worse in this movie too.

Charlie No-One said:
You know what confuses me? And it has nothing to do with this board, it is just in general. People complained about Monster House because they thought it was racist, had scary scenes, and had sexual undertones. I personally did not believe any of that. It was a great children's movie. The characters in this sing "Let's Talk About Sex", feature a penguin choking to death, scary chase scenes, and lots of sexual undertones and there is no complaints. No, I don't think the movie was scary, but the sea lion scenes, to me, where much more frightening than Monster House and the sexual undertones were 10 times more worse in this movie too.
People have been complaining about this movie since before its release. For all the things you mentioned.

The Storm said:
:up: Visually stunning, emotional, hilarious, scary, romantic (OK its a bit weird to see penguins getting jiggy), musical and above all I wanted to jump up and start tap dancing!

That about sums it up.:up:
Great movie, I absolutely enjoyed myself. Go see it IMAX if you get the chance.

Charlie No-One said:
Please tell me I wasn't crazy...at the beginning of this movie...didn't Hugh and Nicole sing Let's Talk about sex for a few seconds? Like they sang a verse and then in the next scene showed Hugh protecting his egg. My friends and I heard it, but I can't believe they would sing it in a childrens movie...did they? I might be going crazy...

they were singing to the tune of "lets talk about sex" but the lyrics they were using were "lets talk about eggs"

I think I want to see this again this weekend on Imax. :O

Zaed said:
they were singing to the tune of "lets talk about sex" but the lyrics they were using were "lets talk about eggs"

Well I heard sex.

Holy crap.
I finally saw the movie today. It was great.
Great story, great visuals (Some scenes looked real as crap), and just plain awesome. By far, one of my favorite animated movies. The baby penguins were so cute, too. Too bad Hugh Jackman had to be the deadbeat father, though. The movie was soooooo fun to watch, too. The scenes with the sliding down the ice, (etc.) had to be some of my favorite scenes. It beats the underwater current scene in Finding Nemo.

My Rating:

9/10. :) :) :D :D :up: :up:

Yeah, I heard the X. Couldn't really hear the "s-e" so you are right...but they did not say eggs.

I think kids movies are in the decline
really, this one was just odd from the start

I saw it again today,scored a free ticket from a guy in line at Imax. :up:

This time I did spot Mumble slap Gloria on the ass. :eek: Lol. :)

This is such a cute,adorable movie. There were some women behind me that announced every emotion the movie provoked out of them,lol,it wasn't as annoying as it sounds more like it was fun to listen to.

Also as he was tapping her he's stating what his name is. :eek: :O

Saw it two weeks ago, very good animation flick :up:

My rate - 7.5 out of 10.

Saw this last night and well i had bored feet after around 30-45mins, it got silly and dragged on I did like the Spainish penguins though lol.
But overall i got no happy feet from this film.

It is one of the better movies I saw this year. As for the spanish peguins, loved them. I can't see how anyone could say they were racist.

DVD being released March 27th

Amazon

B00005JPCF.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V43485806_.jpg

Happy Feet (Widescreen Edition) (2006)

No picture of the full screen. :huh:

Product Details
Actors: Carlos Alazraqui, Lombardo Boyar, Johnny A. Sanchez, Robin Williams, Elijah Wood, See more
Directors: George Miller
Format: Closed-captioned, Color, NTSC, Widescreen
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
Rating
Studio: Warner Home Video
DVD Release Date: March 27, 2007
Run Time: 109 minutes
Average Customer Review: based on 105 reviews. (Write a review.)
DVD Features:
Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX), French (Dolby Digital 5.1 EX)
Two new fully animated sequences: Mumble Meets a Blue Whale, A Happy Feet Moment
Private dance lesson with Savion Glover
Two music videos: Gia's Hit Me Up, Prince's The Song of the Heart
Classic cartoon: I Love to Singa :up:
Happy Feet TM & (C) 2007 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"