Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows spoiler!

mad-sci

Civilian
Reaction score
Very interesting news about DH from a 2nd hand source (POTENTIAL SPOILERS...........)

The Times Online and The Observer have both released new interviews with the Harry Potter actor.

Of particular interest to book fans, the latter website provides an interesting experience Dan had with Jo during one of her OOTP set visits:

"Jo came down to the set at one point and I said, "Oh hello, why are you here today?" And she said, "Oh I just needed a break from the book - Dumbledore's giving me a lot of trouble." And I said, "But isn't he dead?" And she said, "Well, yeah, but it's more complex ..." I was like, [briskly] "OK, I'm not gonna ask anything else!""

I wonder exactly WHO she's talking about..... ;)

Jo has already said that Dumbledore is DEAD.

I don't buy it.

JKR has ALWAYS admitted Dumbledore is DEAD (even in this new report), but this is the first time someone we met who died has COME BACK to play a role in the new book (Harry's parents don't count since we never met them to begin with). The fact that Jo's wording didn't dismiss the character, but tried to explain a complex situation tells me we'll see Dumbledore in some form in DH, unlike Cedric or Sirius.

JKR has ALWAYS admitted Dumbledore is DEAD (even in this new report), but this is the first time someone we met who died has COME BACK to play a role in the new book (Harry's parents don't count since we never met them to begin with). The fact that Jo's wording didn't dismiss the character, but tried to explain a complex situation tells me we'll see Dumbledore in some form in DH, unlike Cedric or Sirius.

Don't forget, Dumbledore's portrait is in the Head Master office at Hogwarts. That could play a role since the portraits retain their personalities and knowledge of their lives...it could have information

Don't forget, Dumbledore's portrait is in the Head Master office at Hogwarts. That could play a role since the portraits retain their personalities and knowledge of their lives...it could have information

But I don't get how that would cause JKR troubles... It sounds more like Dumbledore's character has a certain job to do, which he couldn't if he just appears in a portrait sprouting out info. I got a feeling we'll see Dumbledore in a pensieve scene, or interaction with Harry too.

he's dead but i'm betting a flashback or a portrait

he'll come back as a ghost, duh, theres ghosts in the movies you know

Perhaps JKR is referring to Dumbledore's brother, Aberforth (the barkeep at the Hog's Head). She's said he plays a role

he'll come back as a ghost, duh, theres ghosts in the movies you know

i doubt it, it would cheapen his sacrifice and be a total rip off of obi wan kenobi. Not all characters turn into ghosts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"