having a problem with Adobe Reader

Dave McFly

Sexy Badass!!
Reaction score
I currently have Adobe Reader 9.3.2, and when my pc boots up it says there is a update and when i click on it, it tries to install i get this error text:

This patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package.

Error: 1635

And a link for details but it shows NO mention of Error: 1635. I tried downloading the update (version 9.3.3) from the website and tried to install, it gets to 100% and a box pops up with the same "this patch package could not be opened...blah blah blah". I tried uninstalling it from the add/remove programs in control panel, and it only shows the program but no way to remove it. I tried a 3rd party uninstaller, and it gave me the "this patch package could not be opened B.S." again! So any help other than telling me to do a fresh install of windows will be most helpful, FYI I am running Windows XP home service pack 3.

P.S. I tried removing the 2 folders that say Adobe (Adobe, and Adobe(2) ) and have reader in them, for some reason i have 2 of them and it says it is denied.

I have included a screen shot of add or remove programs that shows that I have NO way to remove Adobe Reader 9.3.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"