Hellboy II Concept Art Surfaces

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39005

Source: Hellboymovie.com
November 3, 2007

The Hellboymovie.com site received a cool update today. There's now over ten conceptual pieces from Guillermo del Toro's Hellboy II: The Golden Army that introduces you to some of the new worlds, beasts and B.P.R.D. tools you'll see come July 11, 2008, when the sequel is released.

After an ancient truce existing between humankind and the invisible realm of the fantastic is broken, hell on Earth is ready to erupt. A ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below defies his bloodline and awakens an unstoppable army of creatures. Now, it's up to the planet's toughest, roughest superhero to battle the merciless dictator and his marauders. He may be red. He may be horned. He may be misunderstood. But when you need the job done right, it's time to call in Hellboy (Ron Perlman).

Art was pretty awesome as usual with Del Toro's films. Really looking forward to the movie. Also looks like a lot more monsters in it this time.

I really like the environs the best.

---Morzan

The monstor with the Iron shoes looks awesome, reminds me of the story in the comics a little.

^^^ Agreed...That thing looks wicked!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6505

Exclusive Hellboy II Concept Art!

Source: Universal Pictures
November 7, 2007

Superhero Hype! has your exclusive first look at a Hellboy II: The Golden Army concept art image featuring "Johann's Glove." You can view the artwork in hi-res by clicking on the image below, and be sure to check out the movie's official website to view all of the new art and updates.

Written and directed by Guillermo del Toro, the sequel stars Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Luke Goss, Thomas Kretschmann, Doug Jones, Anna Walton, Brian Steele, Roy Dotrice and John Hurt. It hits theaters on July 11, 2008.

^^^ Agreed...That thing looks wicked!

I hope it says the Iron Shoes poem the troll said in the story!

Still gutted we arent getting Roger though, hopefully we get him in the 3rd movie because he is possibly my favourite character from the comics other than Hellboy.

^I've never read a Johann story, so would prefer Roger much more, he is very cool and sympathetic in the comics.

Yeah, they've at least gotta explain what he's doing there in the hallway like that.

Hey could someone post the concept art from the website? I'm not sure if that's against the rules considering the fact that I can't save them from the website.

I've noticed that Del Toro's art department creates the same heavy chiseled textures in Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth. I love it, the style is very surreal and raw. Is there a name coined for his visual style?

I've noticed that Del Toro's art department creates the same heavy chiseled textures in Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth. I love it, the style is very surreal and raw. Is there a name coined for his visual style?

Yeah its called Awesome :woot: :hyper:

Hummm, yes it is all clear now.:woot:

I would describe it as dark symbolic fantasy, kind of like wizard of oz if the munchkins had fangs and were part of the underworld.

So I will be the first to utter the words Ozbolistasy. I'm sure it will catch on. :wow:

Opps, time for the meds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"