Luke Goss Talks Hellboy 2!

Reaction score
Luke Goss Talks Hellboy 2!

"I've got so many restrictions from Universal it's ridiculous," actor Luke Goss prefaces before going further about his role in the anticipated Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. The British actor who first landed on the Guillermo Del Toro map as Nomak, the Reaper, in Blade II was confirmed to have a place in Del Toro's follow-up to Hellboy earlier this month. According to Universal he'd play, "A ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below [who] defies his bloodline and awakens an unstoppable army of creatures."

When Shock catches up to the actor, who will next be seen in Unearthed this Friday at the Tribeca Film Festival, we prod him politely for a touch more information. Goss plays it cautious, as if Universal has tapped this writer's phone. "I play 'the Prince' and in simplistic terminology he's the nemesis," he elaborates. "The great thing about him is he's not trying to take over the world, he's a rounded character that's not just driven by greed and I think people are going to enjoy the depth Guillermo brings to him."

Thanks to an Academy Award nomination for Pan's Labyrinth, Del Toro has been granted a certain amount of freedom for Big Red's next adventure, Goss says. In the next chapter, Hellboy is trying to temper a forthcoming battle between the creatures of fantasy and the human race. Leading the former into battle is Goss' "prince" who, he adds, reflects many emotional shades. "Like with 'Blade II,' I'm a big fan of taking the maniacal out of anything. Certainly ten years ago it was like 'bad guy' meant 'maniacal villain' - they were great actors not in the best roles. Dr. Evil was created out of performances that were meant to be valid. From Guillermo's script, without giving it away, let's just say I'm a big fan of internal pain and anguish. All of these things elicit a truthful direction rather than just [fueled by] greed or ego. This character, the Prince, his father's the King so..." Goss gets dangerously ahead of himself. "It's just a bloody great role. Visually, it's stunning."

The actor is off to Budapest at the end of this month where he begins shooting Hellboy 2. Look for our full interview with him later this week.

Look for everyone's favorite supernatural ass-kicker to return to theaters in 2008.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=128

All sounds good to me, I have total confidence that this movie will kick ass, and i really cant wait for it, i just hope the action scene's match upto Blade II's this time.

Is he gonna be in heavy prosthetics make-up? I mena I know he will but how much I hope he looks cool(in a bad ass way) and yet not over the top maybe he could look a bit like the dark elf from the same title with long hair, lots of earings and dark skin maybe blue or dark grey.

Is he gonna be in heavy prosthetics make-up? I mena I know he will but how much I hope he looks cool(in a bad ass way) and yet not over the top maybe he could look a bit like the dark elf from the same title with long hair, lots of earings and dark skin maybe blue or dark grey.

I'm sure GDT and MM can come up with a suitably creepy look for him. He looked awesome as a Reaper.

He was either going to be doing an all-over body cast or a cyber-scan for the role, so that indicates heavy prosthetics (body-casts don't cost so much, but the cyber-scan is less time-consuming and waaaaay more comfortable. Some actors get very claustrophobic doing body-casts and it's very easy to get light-headed).

HM

^Well he's worked with prosthetics before, so i cant see it being a problem.

'Hellboy 2: The Golden Army' Begins Casting, Shoots in June!
Luke Goss (pictured inside) is rejoining director Guillermo del Toro for Universal Pictures' Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The movie reunites the first movie's principals -- Ron Perlman as Hellboy, Selma Blair as Liz Sherman and both David Hyde Pierce and Doug Jones as Abe Sapien -- for a supernatural action-adventure that sees the world of myth rebelling against humanity. Goss will play Prince Nuada, a ruthless leader who treads the world above and the one below, defying his bloodline to awaken an unstoppable army of creatures. Lawrence Gordon, Lloyd Levin and Mike Richardson are producing. Del Toro and "Hellboy" creator Mike Mignola wrote the script. Filming is scheduled to begin in June in Budapest for an Aug. 1, 2008, release.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8758

^I thought David Hyde Pierce wasnt returning and Doug was doing the voice this time.

^As far as I know, David isn't. GDT stated in front of about 2,000 fans that Doug is doing the voice this time. Darth Elektra, where is this article from? EDIT - Never mind, I found it.

>^^<

Goss seems to get derided a bit because of his days with 'Bros' but I thought he was great as Nomak and look forward to seeing him in TGA.

I thought his performance as Nomak was one of the best in any CB movie, which REALLY surprised me as i despised Bros.

You know this is the first time I've seen Goss without the reaper makeup, he's freakin hot.

^LOL, he looked awesome in the Reaper make-up though. I believe he is under some kind of prosthetics in HB2 as well.

Cool, if they are even half as good as the Reaper prosthetics, we're in for a treat.

^LOL, he looked awesome in the Reaper make-up though. I believe he is under some kind of prosthetics in HB2 as well.
He did look good in the makeup, perfectly creepy I think. Can't wait to see how he's going to look in HB2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"