Help me understand Batman and DC's universe?

Agreed.

But DC has Superman AND Batman...seriously that's my argument right there haha.

Yeah, DC has the icons that have been used as models for almost every superhero that exists. Unfortunately Superman isn't as liked nowadays, even i took some to to begin to like him.

As for Marvel i think that continuity is a little simpler than DC, because with Marvel we know that every story from it's very begining in 1939 is canon and part of the Marvel Universe, even if they now say that some events in the past didn't happen during the cold war for example. With DC it's more difficult to know what canon because they reboot every 25 years, but keep some of the old continuity and stories so as not to alienate old readers.

Marvel also has an allways growing number of alternative universes, and they allways give them a number, for example the main Marvel Universe is known as Earth-616, tey even consider the movies and tv shows alternative universes and name them as Earth-(insert number here) each. One of the most popular alternate imprints that are set in a different universe is the Ultimate Marvel line which began in 2000 with Ultimate Spider-Man where they reimagined characters and their origins to the 21st century as a way for new readers to come aboard without having to worry about more than 40 years of continuity.

To know more about the Ultimate Marvel Universe you can go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Marvel

Their reimagination of the Avengers was called The Ultimates and was even used as an inspiration in the Avengers movie, recently their version of Peter Parker died and after that they relaunced the entire line with Peter Parker being replaced by Miles Morales as the new spider-man, that is probably the new spider-man you were talking about

Spider-man_NU.jpg

His comics are still in issue 12 or so but they have been very good and consistent in quality as the most recent Ultimate Marvel comics have been.

Yeah, DC has the icons that have been used as models for almost every superhero that exists. Unfortunately Superman isn't as liked nowadays, even i took some to to begin to like him.

As for Marvel i think that continuity is a little simpler than DC, because with Marvel we know that every story from it's very begining in 1939 is canon and part of the Marvel Universe
Except for those 20 years worth of stories where Peter and Mary Jane are married. :o

I thought Spider-Man is generally liked?

And in all honesty is DC better than Marvel?

Opinions are like butts. Everybodys got one, and they all stink. :o

There is no better when it comes to the big two. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Plus, they're more alike than people tend to think.

Personally, I pretty much don't get into all that boos**t. I don't care about companies or even characters for that matter. I'm in it for the tale. All I've ever read comics for was a good story. I could give a rats patootie if it's Batman, Wolverine, or even Rocket Raccoon. (Who is awesome by the way. :awesome:) I just want to be entertained. So, I don't much cater to the Marvel vs DC thing. Think it's rather ******ed to tell you the truth.
Plus, I've often found, over the many years I've been reading superhero comics, that people who tend to prefer one over the other are probably racist. :o

I'm kinda in it for the character. :o

There's something more likable about Bruce Wayne than there is Clark Kent...so yeah I'm in it for the character too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"