Batman smiling is creepy/weird

Kool-Aid

Sidekick
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,458
Reaction score
0
Points
31
So Batman's been smiling more in the books and at the end of Infinite Crisis. In all these times its come acrossed real creepy. The whole time during Infinite Crisis he was like :mad: and :batman: then busts out with a :D. Its been like this in Batman and the Detective book. It makes the hairs on my arm stick up. Batman smiling is disturbing.
 
With that page, I have a new faith in Batman comics.
 
Rynan said:
With that page, I have a new faith in Batman comics.


That he will finally come outta the closet?


LOL J/K;)
Snooogs :up::)
 
140797426.jpg
 
I seldom smile, it almost hurts my face when i do.
 
Basically. I have no problem if he's smiling, but not when in costume. That's when he's on the job. And the job reminds him about how ****ty the world is.
 
Actually, Batman had an idiotic smile stamped on his face for decades, as we all know...
bathead.jpg
 
The Question said:
Basically. I have no problem if he's smiling, but not when in costume. That's when he's on the job. And the job reminds him about how ****ty the world is.

Well...I always thought he would have a bit of a dark, morbid sense of humor sometimes, so making a dark crack on what might happen to a criminal if he doesn't fess up the info and then giving him a disturbing-looking smirk would do wonders.
 
Kool-Aid said:
It almost looks like he's straining the muscles in his face when he's doing it here.
http://img336.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scan00331oa.jpg

Thats Bruce, is it safe to say he wasnt in complete Bat-character.

I thought it was pretty wierd when he laughed at the Joker's joke in the Killing Joke.

It was kinda wierd when he laughed in BB:ROTJ movie.
 
He was hit with laughing gas in ROTJ.

I thought it was nicely done in Killing Joke.

But, yeah....a smiling Batman......creepy. I think a smiling Batman may actually be more psychotic than a silent Batman. Ie, All Star Batman and Robin.
 
I just realized this thread is about Bruce smiling being creepy.

No offense, Kool-Aid, but what the hell is wrong with you? Bruce Wayne smiles all the time. Hell, it's an integral part of his "playboy" persona. Begone with this poppycock.
 
It looks natural to see him (Bruce) smile. Batman is another case altogether. And when Batman smiles, I think we're supposed to find him imtimidating. Does he really makes your hairs stand on end? Good! That's the point! When Batman smiles, you KNOW something's up.
 
CConn said:
I just realized this thread is about Bruce smiling being creepy.

No offense, Kool-Aid, but what the hell is wrong with you? Bruce Wayne smiles all the time. Hell, it's an integral part of his "playboy" persona. Begone with this poppycock.


They don't really show the "playboy" persona part to often. Its still weird when they do Mr/Miss Poppycock.:p
 
Enough of this jibber jabber....Bruce smiles....Batman shouldn't....
 
Contrarty to popular belief, Mr. T actully taught quantum physics, while at the same time proving it to be a bunch of Jibba Jabba. This is what we call Newtons first law.

 
Since OYL began he's been smiling quite a few times while in the suit, which I have not one complaint about since it's not the first time he's done it. But I agree, only when he's Bruce Wayne he should manage one though he always has everyone now and then. Batman should always be about the fear element, after all, it's his REAL face.
 
Batman said:
Since OYL began he's been smiling quite a few times while in the suit, which I have not one complaint about since it's not the first time he's done it. But I agree, only when he's Bruce Wayne he should manage one though he always has everyone now and then. Batman should always be about the fear element, after all, it's his REAL face.

:batman::up: :up: :up:
 
Where's the picture of him from the issue of Catwoman with him smiling holding a teddy bear when you need it?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,528
Messages
21,751,475
Members
45,585
Latest member
KampRabbit1453
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"