Heroes Who Should Turn Bad...

Written and drawn by either Darwyn Cooke or Kyle Baker. :up:

Cooke is a godsend. I'd be interested in seeing what his take on J'onn's current look looks like.

He's moving onto do some creator-owned stuff. Two graphic novels, one some kind of adult fairytail about Robots and another more Noir thing.

He seems like he is a little burnt-out on the Big Two really.

Cooke expressed dissatisfaction with the Direct Market, saying there was no room for new ideas. “They don’t want them,” he said. “You can go pitch to DC all day, and they don’t want them.”

He said the Direct Market isn’t capturing new audiences anymore. “I think to be honest the Direct Market comics that we’re all here talking about are on their way to extinction. I don’t see any way around it. It doesn’t matter how much money the Spider-Man movie makes, it doesn’t bring more people into shops.”

Cloak & Dagger. They should live it up a bit.

I think it's safe to say that if Squirrel Girl went evil the whole universe would be f!@#ed.

Black Bolt would be an awesome villian. Possibly one of the coolest and most terrifying villains of all time. And given what's happened to him in the recent Silent War mini I could even see it happening.

He's moving onto do some creator-owned stuff. Two graphic novels, one some kind of adult fairytail about Robots and another more Noir thing.

He seems like he is a little burnt-out on the Big Two really.

That makes sense, I suppose. Is the Spirit really considered DC, though? Whatever he does, I'll at least give it a look and strong consideration. :up:

I'm pretty sure the Spirit exists in his own world, outside of the mainstream DCU.

If DC tried to integrate him into the DCU, I think someone from Will Eisner's estate might kill Paul Levitz.

He'd be kind of useless in the mainstream DC universe anyway. I'm glad he's off in his own unique world.

Is the new series worth picking up? It seems like a lot of Dread's reviews for it were fairly good, but I thought I remembered him saying that a lot of the issues felt like filler.

The whole thing feels like a bunch of stand-alone stories. I barely even realized they were building up to a larger arc until the last issue, when everything about the larger arc and its villain came into focus. But I think the stand-alone stories have all been excellent, so I'd recommend it.

Cool. I don't know if they're releasing a trade, although it makes sense that they would. You might want to wait for that, given that there've been like 12 issues released already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"