Customs Hey. Got new additions to my custom gallery.

the first ones are much better then the last.. (in paint job)

There are some....The Stong bad/sad ones that look like you used sculpty on them to round out the torso. Now I am unfamiliar with Stong bad/sad....but I thought the point of Minimates was to block everything up.....not round them out.

Just to post a question in an existing thread,

when customizing (like, say, marvel legends or sigma six) how do you get the heads off and back on safely?

Roughneck said:
There are some....The Stong bad/sad ones that look like you used sculpty on them to round out the torso. Now I am unfamiliar with Stong bad/sad....but I thought the point of Minimates was to block everything up.....not round them out.

Actually, with Strong Sad I just took Dr. Octopus's chest-piece, cut the back off and painted it gray.

GOODT!MES said:
Just to post a question in an existing thread,

when customizing (like, say, marvel legends or sigma six) how do you get the heads off and back on safely?

Boil and Pop.

Just heat up the Head (in water or with a hair dryer) to make the plastic more maleable and pop it off.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. ;)

Betcha it took all day for you to come up with that.

Nick Fury there was actually the very first one I ever did. You can see him in the background of Black Cat's photo up top. I know the paint job in him isn't as sharp as the others, but he was a rookie attempt. I feel I've gotten better over time.

cyke a good tip with painting is use tape to get strait lines... and peel off when dry ;)

I had actually tried that initially with Nick, but the tape took all the paint in one sheet off. So I had to do it by hand.

Cyclops said:
Thanks for the constructive criticism. ;)

Betcha it took all day for you to come up with that.

Actually, no. When I looked at your photos, it was my immediate response. :)

Well, can't wait to see some work of your own.

I don't play with these toys, they are for kids :)

so you don't play with toys and yet you're trolling on a toy messageboard...
I don't get it...
The customs are ok... i'm not a minimates fan anyway... never liked the hyperblocky look... reminds me of Humberto Ramos's art... if kept in proportion...

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
so you don't play with toys and yet you're trolling on a toy messageboard...
I don't get it...
The customs are ok... i'm not a minimates fan anyway... never liked the hyperblocky look... reminds me of Humberto Ramos's art... if kept in proportion...

No, this is the Products messageboard, it could be whatever you can imagine.
I'm not trolling, I gave the man my opinion. If he or you have a problem with that, I would suggest to look in the mirror to see who's the real troll.

It wasn't meant to offend you, Cyclops. Just take a good look at your customs because they could use ALOT of work and. Look at the paint you're using. It needs more color because they look kinda dull and the way you put the paint on it isn't too good either. Try to get a steady hand.

Pauluz said:
No, this is the Products messageboard, it could be whatever you can imagine.
I'm not trolling, I gave the man my opinion. If he or you have a problem with that, I would suggest to look in the mirror to see who's the real troll.

It wasn't meant to offend you, Cyclops. Just take a good look at your customs because they could use ALOT of work and. Look at the paint you're using. It needs more color because they look kinda dull and the way you put the paint on it isn't too good either. Try to get a steady hand.

Thank you. There's a way to express negative opinion about someone's artwork without being a jerk. I appreciate it.

Use acrylic paint, and moist (not drown) the tip of the brush. Will get rid of lines in paint. I think it's actually a good idea to start with the mini-mates at your level in art. There isn't much to paint, but what you do paint will be harder do to size. Getting details on figs that small will help if you start making 6 inch figs. I'll have to show you a pic I did of ultimate Cyclops. The details in the belt alone kick butt. Cheers!

Dude, you should've said that instead of saying:
Look like crap.
And yes this is the products section, but 90% of the posts are toy related, so it's almost a toyboard... and not everyone who buys toys plays with them...
Peace man! I'm not trying to start a flamewar... but your quoted reply seemed to...

I'm working on a custom right now with one of my many Spider-Man movie figs. I'm painting him black and then going to put the silver on the raised webbing and spider emblems to make him look like the Spider-Man 3 pic. The black is easy, but I'm dreading doing the silver since the raised webbing is so small and I don't have a steady hand. If I can, I will post pics when it's done. Which will hopefully be this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"