Highlander 5 : The source

Meh, I'll watch it just for Peter Wingfield. He's absolutely fantastic.

I will also hope that Adrian gets shirtless :).

EDIT after reading Adrian's blog. Wow. He writes so much differently than I would have thought he would... quite intelligent. Not that I didn't think he was, but... just in a different way. Kudos to Duncan.

Darth Rockwell said:
Sometimes I think so. Most people I ask if they've seen it ask what it is. I try to get people to watch it and it's either hit or miss. For some reason Americans are not as willing to dive into fantasy as they are other generas.

Yea , ik now what you mean, Is hard to tell.

Though lets face it the third movie was just an excuse to show sex on the big screen to a bigger audiance.

Darth Rockwell said:
Though lets face it the third movie was just an excuse to show sex on the big screen to a bigger audiance.

I agree with that, the sex scene was probably to pull in more fans, the 1st was good enough that it din't need it so........I guess they were grasping at straws for part 3 after the bomb from PArt 2.

If they wanted to make a sequill they should have made a preqill. Not that 2 wasn't entertaning but they could have set it during Conner/Ramerize training or after he left after putting Heather in the ground. So many options such a crappy direction they went.

If they wanted to make a sequill they should have made a preqill. Not that 2 wasn't entertaning but they could have set it during Conner/Ramerize training or after he left after putting Heather in the ground. So many options such a crappy direction they went.

Darth Rockwell said:

I always wondered why they just didn't continue right after Kurgan's death , it seemed to be most logical choice.

Because the fight against Kuragan was suppose to be the final battle. The last two immortals. Period.

Yeah Krugan and Conner were "the last two" in the movie verse yet three shows they weren't but I don't count three as a real movie.

The sow was okay and I grew to really like it, well excpet for the last seasn. So movies picking up where the show left off are fine with me. I enjoy seeing where these characters go from there. But use all the damn characters and the ones they establish in the movie like Faith/Kate!

Flash-er said:
Because the fight against Kuragan was suppose to be the final battle. The last two immortals. Period.

Yes I know that, but I meant if they were somehow going to disregard that, you'd think they'd start right from where part 1 left off somehow.

I wonder just how many films they expect to milk out of Highlander... it's kind of amazing that they've managed four so far, especially since the first film ended with Connor as the last immortal with the prize and what have you.

27 November, 2005 - Vilnius, Lithuania

A Scene Remembered

We were working in a cemetery last night, and it was freezing. A cold wind had been blowing all night. It was also the first time we used balloon lighting. Yes, it is actually a large balloon with a light in it, and when raised in the air it produces an ambient light much like the moon. In fact, we mentioned that if we cut the tethers that held it to the ground it would look like the moon was actually sitting on top of us. Originally designed for construction sites, this type of lighting has been used many times on film sets.

When I first saw that we were going to use these balloon lights for Highlander, I mentioned that they were a great way to produce that type of lighting but that they could be a little problematic if there was wind. We'd used them before filming the series, and I remember seeing them bounce into and out of shot buffeted by strong streams of air. Now I should have kept quiet, because this night was the first night that we had a strong wind, and yes the balloon started bouncing everywhere. So we had to wait a little while Steve, our Director of Photography, changed his lighting slightly to achieve the look that he wanted.

The night was cold, and we were filming one of those odd scenes where reality and fiction are slightly blurred. You will understand what I mean when you see the film. I had no problem relating to it, and I mentioned to Peter Wingfield how tough this scene was going to be and he readily agreed. I think it will be remembered.

All night the air turned white as we were buffeted by a mixture of icy crystals and actual snowflakes. A storm was coming. By 7.30 a.m. there was little more than a light dusting on the ground. The next night we would be shooting the scenes before this one, so continuity might be a problem, especially since there was a blizzard predicted.

There is an update in his diary from the set

Darth Rockwell said:
27 November, 2005 - Vilnius, Lithuania

A Scene Remembered

We were working in a cemetery last night, and it was freezing. A cold wind had been blowing all night. It was also the first time we used balloon lighting. Yes, it is actually a large balloon with a light in it, and when raised in the air it produces an ambient light much like the moon. In fact, we mentioned that if we cut the tethers that held it to the ground it would look like the moon was actually sitting on top of us. Originally designed for construction sites, this type of lighting has been used many times on film sets.

When I first saw that we were going to use these balloon lights for Highlander, I mentioned that they were a great way to produce that type of lighting but that they could be a little problematic if there was wind. We'd used them before filming the series, and I remember seeing them bounce into and out of shot buffeted by strong streams of air. Now I should have kept quiet, because this night was the first night that we had a strong wind, and yes the balloon started bouncing everywhere. So we had to wait a little while Steve, our Director of Photography, changed his lighting slightly to achieve the look that he wanted.

The night was cold, and we were filming one of those odd scenes where reality and fiction are slightly blurred. You will understand what I mean when you see the film. I had no problem relating to it, and I mentioned to Peter Wingfield how tough this scene was going to be and he readily agreed. I think it will be remembered.

All night the air turned white as we were buffeted by a mixture of icy crystals and actual snowflakes. A storm was coming. By 7.30 a.m. there was little more than a light dusting on the ground. The next night we would be shooting the scenes before this one, so continuity might be a problem, especially since there was a blizzard predicted.

There is an update in his diary from the set

This gets me interested in seeing the film more now.

Does anyone else think Adrian Paul would have made a great James Bond?

In fact, he is much more Bond than Craig... ( and looks younger even if he isn't )

BatJeff7786 said:
Does anyone else think Adrian Paul would have made a great James Bond?

I said this all along, if Adrian was chosen in the late 90's, he would have been perfect, he looks like a young Sean Connery, looks more 'Bond' then the recent choice too. Here's the evidence

Paul_Adrian_Paul.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=12443

Filming wrapped on Lionsgate's Highlander: The Source, directed by Brett Leonard (Virtuosity, Lawnmower Man), on December 8 in Lithuania. The studio is planning a 2006 release for the new installment starring Adrian Paul as the immortal Scottish swordsman, Duncan MacLeod.

The film is the first feature in the Trilogy. "The Source" will tell the story of Immortals as they quest to locate the Holy Grail of their world. The entire series of films will chronicle the origins of the Immortals.

Adrian Paul maintained a set diary on his official site here.

Also, the first photos from the set -- both candid and official -- can be found on the website of the official international Highlander fan club here.

The photos show Paul as Duncan MacLeod and Peter Wingfield as Methos. The candids include shots of Paul, Wingfield and Jim Byrnes, who reprises his role as Joe Dawson from Highlander: The Series.

These guys sure dont waste any time

A trilogy....have any of these movies EVER made a profit? They all bombed here..yet they keep making more?????

Perhaps DVD sales and merchendising? THey seem to have quite a following...

Lord Blackbolt said:
A trilogy....have any of these movies EVER made a profit? They all bombed here..yet they keep making more?????

Trust me, there is a huge following of the movies and the tv show.

Nothing is continued, as far as sequels, if it doesn't make money. So somewhere, somehow, Highlander makes enough back.

Highlander has a huge fan base. It isn't a huge blockbuster draw at the theater but it makes it's money back. Over seas it's hug here in America it does okay.

Source : Moviehole

Q. Adam, Any news on a release date for “Highlander: The Source”? - Jim
A. Nothing much more to report since the last time I got a question about it (last week I think), last I heard is that it may be going straight to DVD through Lions Gate. It’s a shame that it may not get a crack at the big screen, because I’ve heard that it is a close second in terms of story and action to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"