The Flash SPOILER Discussion Thread (No Spoiler Tags Required)

There was one particular scene with Keaton that I really liked:

After they rescued Supergirl, Keaton's Bruce is bloodied, smeared makeup on face and battered all around in the mansion (that scene in the trailers with the bloody Batsuit on the ground) stitching himself up in front of a mirror and he sort of looks at himself in the mirror and smiles like he's thinking to himself, "Yeah, I'm back" but maybe also thinking back at all the times that Michael Gough's Alfred would probably mend to his wounds after a night fighting crime.

Seeing Keaton in the suit on the big screen was very much like seeing an old friend again. Goddamn WB getting at me with the nostalgia once again.

Yeah that was an awesome scene :)

Another thing:

The Justice League stuff was a home run! Honestly watching all of that is the ultimate proof that Snyder had zero clue what made the team great. Batfleck was so...exactly what I hoped he would be when he was cast. His Bruce was great! And Alfred and Diana...such a missed opportunity because. That yen minutes or so was more of a Justice League film than ZSJL or the Theatrical Cut were in they entirety!

Bruce rambling while in tbe lasso about how he could just use his money to send world hunger or whatever was just hilarious!

And as for the question Invader Joker asked in the other thread:

I think it is Clooney but only cause he could pull off being that type of Bruce. But they don't show us for a reason and that is so we aren't tied to anyone. We know it isn't Batfleck though because of Barry's reaction.

I can see how the Pattinson rumors got traction but no one who saw a cut would believe this film at the end exists in that Gotham.

There is a scene that made the theater laugh out loud:

Barry 2 trying to turn his neckwhilst wearing his makeshift Batman Returns/Flash mask. Nice nod to the physical limitations of the original Keaton Batsuit that gave me a good belly laugh.

Another thing:

The Justice League stuff was a home run! Honestly watching all of that is the ultimate proof that Snyder had zero clue what made the team great. Batfleck was so...exactly what I hoped he would be when he was cast. His Bruce was great! And Alfred and Diana...such a missed opportunity because. That yen minutes or so was more of a Justice League film than ZSJL or the Theatrical Cut were in they entirety!

Bruce rambling while in tbe lasso about how he could just use his money to send world hunger or whatever was just hilarious!

And as for the question Invader Joker asked in the other thread:

I think it is Clooney but only cause he could pull off being that type of Bruce. But they don't show us for a reason and that is so we aren't tied to anyone. We know it isn't Batfleck though because of Barry's reaction.

I can see how the Pattinson rumors got traction but no one who saw a cut would believe this film at the end exists in that Gotham.
It'd be pretty funny if the post-credits scene they aren't showing is just
a reveal that Clooney was the Bruce Barry was talking to lmao

Does the film explain why Barry's lightning goes from blue to yellow and then vice versa?

There was one particular scene with Keaton that I really liked:

After they rescued Supergirl, Keaton's Bruce is bloodied, smeared makeup on face and battered all around in the mansion (that scene in the trailers with the bloody Batsuit on the ground) stitching himself up in front of a mirror and he sort of looks at himself in the mirror and smiles like he's thinking to himself, "Yeah, I'm back" but maybe also thinking back at all the times that Michael Gough's Alfred would probably mend to his wounds after a night fighting crime.

Seeing Keaton in the suit on the big screen was very much like seeing an old friend again. Goddamn WB getting at me with the nostalgia once again.
Wait, so they show Keaton wearing the black eye makeup like Battinson? Wow.

It'd be pretty funny if the post-credits scene they aren't showing is just
a reveal that Clooney was the Bruce Barry was talking to lmao

Honestly I think that happens in the actual scene:

The (not complete) film ends with Batflecks car pulling up (which is a Mercedes shaped like the Keaton Batmobile) and stepping out and Ezra saying "who the [bleep] is that?" and cutting to black. My guess is the reveal is Clooney with his Oceans 11 smile. It would be an epic moment I won't lie!

herolee,

The lightning is never explained. It makes sense they have different colors when they both have powers but nothing really explains the shift when just main Barry has powers. Uneducated guess is it is based on his mood or something.

Another thing:

emotional-crying.gif

It seems like we're just cursed to never see Henry's Superman have a proper action sequence with the Justice League.

Wait, so they show Keaton wearing the black eye makeup like Battinson? Wow.

He doesn’t exactly have panda eyes like Battinson, it’s more so smudged up on his upper brow and sides of his face. Basically Keaton looks like he was up partying all night.

I hope I don’t mislead anyone with this bit of info! :pray:

He doesn’t exactly have panda eyes like Battinson, it’s more so smudged up on his upper brow and sides of his face. Basically Keaton looks like he was up partying all night.

I hope I don’t mislead anyone with this bit of info! :pray:

Nah you described it correctly. :)

herolee,

This film shows how criminal Snyder's use of Superman (and all characters) was.

All of this sounds great! And also great while sad that Muschietti nailed this all in one film while Snyder couldn't in multiple. Shows how much he just didn't get any of this.

All of this sounds great! And also great while sad that Muschietti nailed this all in one film while Snyder couldn't in multiple. Shows how much he just didn't get any of this.

To be fair

Zack was sort of getting there it just was too much of the dark, too big of a problem. No time to breathe. Kara telling the story of Kal-El and why she was sent to Earth felt better. Her emotions were tied to the story happening around her not tacked on as an afterthought with no rhyme or reason. Her hatred of Zod makes way more sense than Henry's because they take story beats to get there. Zack left the connective tissue on the cutting room for and that is why it didn't connect with the audience. Put it this way, if Kara had chosen to kill Zod it would be more understandable.

The Justice League part is the same way. The way Barry talks to Alfred and Bruce, the genuine fear and problems he has are basic and make sense. This is not a world ending threat and Barry is not really in a place to help but he does and the way he feels and how he fixes the problem is both ridiculous and makes sense. Then you cut to Batfleck being the most Batman he ever could be (its a really cool setpiece!) Followed by the last second save (and return of a great theme!) and it just flows better than JL ever did no matter the version. They even do the old comic trope finding a legit excuse Superman can't help!

If anyone should feel sad it is Affleck. He really is good in this as Bruce. They do a nice job paralleling him to Keaton later on too. At the end part of me wanted him to get out of the car as Bruce because I really dug his performance. (And he looks great!)

Oh and one spoiler on time travel:

you might find things confusing because things change that don't seem like they should. Keaton explains it best (sooooooooo awesome) but just know that time is not linear when it comes to a multiverse and there are fixed points where universes intersect or create fixed points in space time. It answers a lot of questions

I honestly love the movie more now this morning than after I left the theater!

Then Alt-Barry eats it!

a bit of a foreshadow!

Some guy on Youtube who also saw the film says that it was a flat out COMEDY! This guy was VERY MUCH A SnyderFan. Apparently, He HATED what he saw as a lighter tone.

Question for those who have seen it…

So does it leave room for Keaton’s Batman to return? If not that stinks because I was hoping for a BATMAN BEYOND film starring Keaton.

Question for those who have seen it…

So does it leave room for Keaton’s Batman to return? If not that stinks because I was hoping for a BATMAN BEYOND film starring Keaton.

he theoretically could but that is not likely unless demand is there. Tough to know though since we don't know who exits Bruce's car or how much the timeline has shifted.

Everything that happens prior to the timeline resetting is suspect and can easily be undone.[/QUOTE]

Some guy on Youtube who also saw the film says that it was a flat out COMEDY! This guy was VERY MUCH A SnyderFan. Apparently, He HATED what he saw as a lighter tone.

It's of the vein of Back to the Future so take that for what it is worth. And a Snyder Bro would definitely hate it because it is a complete story with a soul and no self indulgent imagery.

How was Wallfisch’s score. Does he quote any other musical themes than just Elfman’s Batman theme?

I'm not a big score guy but to me it sounded cool. Wheen other cameos come around he samples relevant tracks.

I'm not a big score guy but to me it sounded cool. Wheen other cameos come around he samples relevant tracks.

Could you tell in spoiler tags which other themes cameo in the movie?

Not off the top of my head cause I want really listening for it and might have conflate it when the cameos happen.

Maybe the other poster can...

If my memory serves me correct, wasn't it previously reported that both Gal and Henry's scenes were cut from the film?

Seeing as how Wonder Woman appears in the opening sequence, I wonder if there's a chance that Henry's scene also made it back in as well.

If my memory serves me correct, wasn't it previously reported that both Gal and Henry's scenes were cut from the film?

Seeing as how Wonder Woman appears in the opening sequence, I wonder if there's a chance that Henry's scene also made it back in as well.

It didn't. Superman is shown but you never see his face. Henry is done people need to accept it. If he hadn't gambled on The Rock he might be in the film but now not so much. (And he would have not survived it just like Batfleck anyways...

Whoever the source was that Gal got cut was either lying, a fraud, or was set up as part of a mole hunt. She has friggin lines in the film she interacts with multiple characters and they use her theme in the score. Batfleck is in more, but she is there. Just complete BS because she was still under contract anyways I believe unlike Henry[/spiiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"