Homemade Trades: Quick and cheap.

littleredhat

Civilian
Reaction score
When ever I'm in a good mood and have nothing better to do I make crafts. Wierd stuff like Dragon's eggs and newspaper hat racks.

Well for a while now I've been researching binding comics together into trades. I love trades for ease of reading and ease of storage. I hate long boxes and haveing to dig out single issues.

But nearly every method for binding comics seemed overly comlicated and expensive. Finnally I said ta heck with it and just went my own way with what I had.

The results are fugly but functional and while I wouldn't do this with my favorites I am going to give my 50 cent bin comics this treatment if only to get them out of my overstuffed long boxes and onto my bookshelves.
*WARNING*
This method sacrifices all but one of the covers. But if your just a comic reader like me and not a colector this shouldn't matter.

You will need.
Cheap comics. I used the latest Human Torch series.
Glue. Elmer's school glue is what I used.
Paint brush or sponge.
Paper clips. about seven.
A heavy book larger than your comics.
Masking tape.
A marker.
A plastic comic sleeve.

First lay down your sleeve on a clean workspace. Place your fist comic on
the sleeve and use the paintbrush or sponge to aply a *thin* layer of glue
to the back cover.
Carefully lay the next comic down on the glue so that the front cover lines up with the glue covered back cover. Press and smooth the covers together and then paper clip them so they are secure and leave open.

Let dry about 15 minutes and then remove the paper clips.

Repete until your novel is complete.

Use the heavey book to compress your stack and then put a strip of masking tape on the spine.
Write the name of your new homemade trade on the tape with the marker and place on your bookshelf.

Done.

Note: Duct tape also works well for the spine.

Who was it here who bound all his **** into actual hardcovers? Not something I'd ever do but I can't argue that it came out looking classy as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"