Horroctober 2022!

DyeLorean

...and the plot thickens
Reaction score
I'm starting my... third? fourth? Horroctober Watch and I would like some recomendations as the month goes on. So if anyone knows something interesting to watch, from any year, from any country, please come here and share! If you're also doing a Horroctober Watch and catch something, please share as well. What's good, what's to avoid, pros and cons, etc.
I'm a classic horror guy, if there's a creepy/stormy well-achieved atmosphere, I'm there.

I just checked. Yeah, I've only seen Deep Red.

Yeah I’d recommend Suspiria, Deep Red and Tenebre if you haven’t seen them yet.
An old friend of mine showed me Phenomena last year and that movie was a trip, man. Though it was cool to see Jennifer Connelly and Donald Pleasance in it.

An old friend of mine showed me Phenomena last year and that movie was a trip, man. Though it was cool to see Jennifer Connelly and Donald Pleasance in it.
I didn’t care for that one, but I enjoyed seeing them as well. I really liked Four Flies On Grey Velvet, and Bird With Crystal Plumage.

I watched the first hellraiser film last week. That was pretty fun but definitely not a kids film

For some reason year ago a popular British Newspaper just started including DVDs with the news paper when you brough it. I got Hellraiser 2, Highlander and Flight Of The Navigator.

If you want classic horror:

Carnival of Souls
Eyes without a Face
Black Sabbath
Children of the Damned
Possession
The House of the Devil
Phantasm
Black Christmas
Slumber Party Massacre
Phenomena

For some reason year ago a popular British Newspaper just started including DVDs with the news paper when you brough it. I got Hellraiser 2, Highlander and Flight Of The Navigator.
Same thing happened some years earlier (Daily Mail, I think). I got The Dam Busters and Whistle Down the Wind! No horror, sadly, but still damn good films!

Unpopular opinion I guess, but I didn’t like Hellraiser. It’s unfocused and felt like 3 different horror movies rolled into one.

Unpopular opinion I guess, but I didn’t like Hellraiser. It’s unfocused and felt like 3 different horror movies rolled into one.
I'm the same. I rewatched the original movies for the first time in a long time fairly recently, when they were shown on the Horror channel. They don't do it for me.

It's an okay horror movie but very overrated. I feel like it's more iconic in memory due to select scenes than as an actual movie. Most people only ever posts shots from when the cenobites show up, which is only like 2 times.

Last edited:
I think the first two Hellraiser movies are the only good ones. I think they are the only ones with Clive Bakers direct involvement. I actually really like the Hellraiser Hellbound the most. It's the Dream Warriors of the Hellraiser franchise.

Also evil Stepmother Julia from the first two movies is arguably more of a villain than the Cenobites .

Oh I haven't seen the second one thinking it was probably not that good. I think I'm gonna watch it then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"