Products Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Superman Returns Review

Mine arrived today and at the moment I'm quite disappointed. The head fell off when I took him out of the box, the left foot keeps coming off and I had to trim the excess fabric round the neck which looks quite rough and ready. Most importantly the cape isn't attached properly. It's all fixable but I don't think I should have to do this with such an expensive item. I'd return him but Hong Kong's not too handy.

At the moment I much prefer the DC Direct 13" figure which is less detailed but just looks much more like Superman.

Mine arrived on Saturday, and I gotta say I love it. It is absolutely perfect with no flaws at all. The colours are vibrant and the detail is 'super'! It looks fantastic amongst the rest of the collection. Can't recommend it highly enough.

tomk said:
Mine arrived today and at the moment I'm quite disappointed. The head fell off when I took him out of the box, the left foot keeps coming off and I had to trim the excess fabric round the neck which looks quite rough and ready. Most importantly the cape isn't attached properly. It's all fixable but I don't think I should have to do this with such an expensive item. I'd return him but Hong Kong's not too handy.

That really sucks because you shouldn't have to deal with this type of B.S. when you're paying big bucks for an expensive item such as this. :mad:
Which company did you purchase this item from?
I hope my figure arrives in excellent condition.

I got him from abc-express and they were fine. He arrived in the UK 3 days after they got him in Hong Kong. The fault is with Hottoys.

However I fixed him tonight (a little dab of Superglue goes a long way) and he looks fantastic. By far the most detailed, articulated Superman so far. Let's see how Medicom can compete.

I still like the big DC Direct one though. Not quite so articulated or detailed but he sure looks like Superman!

Update:

Here's Michael's review. I'd not disagree in any way. I just wish I hadn't had to spend an hour or so fixing the cape and sorting out the head and boots.

I got mine through abc-express too. Highly recommend as a supplier. I also have the SR diorama figures on order through them, and will be getting the Batman Begins 1/6 soon too.

Here's the link to their ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/abc-express

ABC Express is a great company to order from and those SR diorama figures do look great.
Last year I bought the Batman Begins diorama figures because the detailed sculpting of these tiny figures were amazing!

shaun said:

I think it looks cool, but I'm not a fan of figures with cloth costumes. It seems to much like a doll. I'd rather buy a statue for that kind of money.

188214370_f5b2a7ec7f_o.jpg

I prefer the re-painted version.

Gamma Ray, is this re-painted version yours?
The eyes look so human-like.

Wow! That repaint version looks great! Where can I go to get my hands on that one??

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"