House of the Dragon Season 2 Thread

Very high quality show and looking forward to getting more. The ill will towards GoT was part forgiven (never will be totally :yay:) when they put something this good out.

Looks great, this is definitely my most anticipated show of 2024. I'm definitely going to reread the Dance of the Dragons chapters of Fire and Blood before it airs.

Since GOT disappointed me so badly in its last season, HOTD got me back fully into this world with an amazing first season. So I am very excited and ready for season 2.

Last edited:
It looks phenomenal, I wish it was coming out sooner :funny:

I can't for the life of me figure out who Rhaenyra is meeting with here. I don't recognize the dragon.

1701557779920.png

I can't for the life of me figure out who Rhaenyra is meeting with here. I don't recognize the dragon.

View attachment 74493
It vaguely looks like Seasmoke, which belonged to Laenor, but that doesn't make a ton of sense story-wise. Maybe it's Dreamfyre and they invented an encounter between her and Heleana? They're clearly taking some big deviations from the source to make Rhaenyra more active in the early war effort, so it's going to be interesting to see what direction that goes in.

It vaguely looks like Seasmoke, which belonged to Laenor, but that doesn't make a ton of sense story-wise. Maybe it's Dreamfyre and they invented an encounter between her and Heleana? They're clearly taking some big deviations from the source to make Rhaenyra more active in the early war effort, so it's going to be interesting to see what direction that goes in.
From the book (minor spoilers)

Ah, it could very well be Seasmoke. In the book, to increase their numbers against the Greens, Daemon recruits non-Targaryen riders to bond with and ride the dragons who haven't been claimed yet or whose riders have died, Seasmoke being one of them. Since Laenor did actually die in the book that creates an interesting question for the show because wouldn't his dragon just follow him across the sea wherever he went since they were bonded?

From the book (minor spoilers)

Ah, it could very well be Seasmoke. In the book, to increase their numbers against the Greens, Daemon recruits non-Targaryen riders to bond with and ride the dragons who haven't been claimed yet or whose riders have died, Seasmoke being one of them. Since Laenor did actually die in the book that creates an interesting question for the show because wouldn't his dragon just follow him across the sea wherever he went since they were bonded?
Yeah, I'm very curious as to how they address Seasmoke. Honestly, they're probably just gonna ignore it, which would be annoying, but the most likely answer.

But if this is Seasmoke, and the opposing rider is Addam, I'm stumped on what's going on here, unless they change things to have Addam claim Seasmoke without approval and she's confronting him?

I wonder what smug dumbass Freddie fox is playing? The man has a niche and his good at it.

The two trailers and all the black vs. green marketing are really solid. Does a lot without spoiling anything. Can't wait until June.

The trailers were great, this is really my most hyped thing this year besides Furiosa and Deadpool 3. Interesting that we get to see the Wall again, I don't remember that being a part of Jacerys's visit to the north in Fire and Blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"