how about live action verson of static shock?

superhero

Sidekick
Reaction score
what do you think of a live action static shock moive?

Bring it! ...
8296031_1.jpg

Static and the rest of the Milestone heroes need to happen. They need to happen as soon as possible. The audience is there, for sure. Black Lightning does well on television.

Wasn't this rumoured to be a TV series with Jaden Smith?

I don't think DC/WB even own or have the rights to Static for a film, they just license the character from Milestone, so far for comic and animation
A movie would be a whole different license, this might really belong in the Misc. Comics Films

I still don’t know why they went with a Black Lightning show instead of Static

I still don’t know why they went with a Black Lightning show instead of Static
They?
You really need to distinguish who "they" are.

DC/WB don't automatically own or have the rights to a Static live action TV show
Milestone Media does, and they[Milestone Media] might want their own live action Static show in production. - Hudlin & Cowan on Why a Live-Action "Static Shock" is "More Timely Than Ever"

The question seems a bit misinformed.
If by they you mean DC/WB, they may have pursued the rights to develop a live action Static, but it's not up to them, it never was.they don't have rights to the character for that,
If by they you mean Milestone Media Group (Reginald Hudlin Denys Cowan and Derek Dingle), they likely have their own plans for a live action TV show, it has nothing to do with DC/WB developing Black Lightning. They are not just interchangeable, as your question suggests.

People really need to drop this misconception and distinguish that Static and the Milestone characters is not default a DC/WB owned property.

DC/WB may have pursued it but Milestone Media the owners of Static likely have their own plans.

Last edited:
They?
You really need to distinguish who "they" are.

DC/WB don't automatically own or have the rights to a Static live action TV show

Milestone Media does, and they[Milestone Media] might want their own live action Static show in production. - Hudlin & Cowan on Why a Live-Action "Static Shock" is "More Timely Than Ever"

The question seems a bit misinformed.
If by they you mean DC/WB, they may have pursued the rights to develop a live action Static, but it's not up to them, it never was.they don't have rights to the character for that,
If by they you mean Milestone Media Group (Reginald Hudlin Denys Cowan and Derek Dingle), they likely have their own plans for a live action TV show, it has nothing to do with DC/WB developing Black Lightning. They are not just interchangeable, as your question suggests.

People really need to drop this misconception and distinguish that Static and the Milestone characters is not default a DC/WB owned property.

DC/WB may have pursued it but Milestone Media the owners of Static likely have their own plans.

Oh my...

It's pretty obvious who I meant by "they", my man. The people that brought Black Lightning to television....Just about everyone would've preferred a Static show. I didn't know there was such an issue with the Static television rights.

Oh my...

It's pretty obvious who I meant by "they", my man. The people that brought Black Lightning to television....Just about everyone would've preferred a Static show. I didn't know there was such an issue with the Static television rights.
OK yet the post right before yours had just explained that Milestone owns Static not DC/WB.
Then you posted why didn't "they" go with Static.
You seemed confused, it's obvious you didn't know. Hence my explanation to you.

It's not really an issue, (unless you are for some reason mistakenly conflating the two) it's simply a fact, DC/WB do not own Static, Milestone Media does.
DC/WB can not just produce a Static movie or series without Milestone's consent.

Also Estate of Comic Pioneer Sues Over Milestone Media Revival
Milestone might still be embroiled in a lawsuit with the estate (widow and children) of creator Dwayne McDuffie who Milestone Media apparently "neglecting to include" in any new ventures.

Some excerpts:
from p.1
4. Even worse, Hudlin, Cowan, and Dingle have acted with utmost hypocrisy. They feign gratitude and respect for McDuffie's partnership, mentorship, and brilliance, but in reality, they have robbed McDuffie's legacy of his life's work.
from p.6
31. Prior to McDuffie's death in 2011, Defendant Hudlin had no connection to Milestone and had no ownership interest in Milestone.

32. Upon information and belief, shortly after McDuffie's death in February 2011, Defendant Hudlin attended a wake held in McDuffie's memory. ...It was at McDuffies wake that Defendant Hudlin spoke with Defendant Cowan and Defendant Dingle about somehow "restarting" Milestone.

33. Upon information and belief, Defendants Hudlin, Cowan, and Dingle at that point began a conspiracy to deprive the representatives and benefactors of McDuffie's estate of information and assets to which they were entitled. Defendants Hudlin, Cowan, and Dingle engaged in this conspiracy to enrich themselves, all at the expense of McDuffie's heirs.
So until Milestone Media resolves that^, any new ventures with the Milestone characters might be on hold.

New meaning not ones previously established.

Last edited:
OK yet the post right before yours had just explained that Milestone owns Static.
You seemed confused, it's obvious you didn't know. Hence my explanation to you.

It's not really an issue, (unless you are for some reason mistakenly conflating the two) it's simply a fact, DC/WB do not own Static, Milestone Media does.
DC/WB can not just produce a Static movie or series without Milestones consent.
Alright man

I think that would be cool to see. I watched the series when premiered and loved it on tv and tried not to miss it. I like the story and casting it right could be very well done. Not sure who they could cast for Virgil Hawkins as Static, Ritchie as Gear, Robert and Sharon Hawkins, with main villain Ican Evans/ Ebon. Cameo by Adam Evans/ Rubber band man and a DC main character from other movie universe. Tell the story of bang babies, not too much CGI, light tone not dark and his second costume which was best. I would watch it yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"