Sequels How about no Ant-Man sequels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Simon Pegg as Taskmaster.Eric O' Grady should be in Ant-Man 2

How about Ant Man 1 being hank Pym (who joins the Avengers as Giant Man/Ant Man)
while the sequel (Ant Man 2) could be Scott Lang. It would sort of be a transition film. hank
leaves being Ant Man to join the Avengers while Scott takes up the mantel to save his
daughter. Bill Foster could be in both Avengers with Hank and co star in Ant Man with Scott Lang.

So, to over explain:
Ant Man 1: Hank Pym and Janet become the Ant Man and the Wasp, agents of SHIELD.
Avengers (whatever): Hank and Janet join the Avengers. Janet is the Wasp while Hank
introduces his new inventions and powers as Giant Man. Because he felt like he had to step
things up for the Avneger big leagues. Bill Foster and Scott Lang make cameos.
Ant Man 2: Hank and Janet leave to join the Avengers. While joining the Avengers Hank
becomes Giant Man and leaves being Ant Man behind. Scott Lang's daughter is kidnapped
and he and Bill Foster try to get her back. Lang uses Pym's Ant Man suit and becomes the
new Ant Man with Bill Foster co-starring.

Ok here's what I say NO Antman 2! The Yellowjacket story line will be continued in an Avengers movie most likely involving Ultron and The Vision.

Ant Man is essentially another Tony Stark type character - his weaknesses should relate in any future sequels/villains he has.

Ultron should be introduced in the first movie - and due to that failure and the resulting hero it kills in 'Avengers 3' (Most likely Tony Stark) then he should recline in the second movie falling into drug use and i'ld like to see him become the villain in the second film - atleast for a while.

Ant man - Establish AIM as a potential enemy. Introduce us to George Tarleton and have Radioactive Man as the villain. During the course of the film we see Ant Man building a robot (While hired by AIM - this robot become Ultron near the end of the film and helps defeat the villain)

Avengers 3 - Ultron hacks into the internet and causes multiple fake news to be released about The Avengers and leaks details about where they live - causing multiple attacks on their homes via other villains. During this time Hank Pym fails a mission causing lives to be lost and gives up the role of Ant Man to Scott Lang. Ultron is more of a master-mind in this film only revealing himself near the end of the film where he battles the Avengers personally - killing Iron Man.

Ant Man 2; After the death of Tony Stark - Hank Pym blames himself, falling into drugs and abusing his wife who leaves him. During this time we are introduced to Eric O'Grady who steals the Ant Man suit and disgraces the name of Ant Man. Eric attacks AIM and accidentally causes George Tarleton to be mutated into M.O.D.O.K. who blames Ant Man for the transformation. Hank Pym to come back to fight Eric - however realises it is partially his fault and that Eric can be reformed - so Hank takes him under his wing. M.O.D.O.K at the end of the film reveals that he partially thanks Ant Man - and it is shown he has become obsessed with him.

Ant Man 3; Hank Pym teaches Eric his ways while AIM up their assualt - due to them now being controlled via M.O.D.O.K. During the events of the film Hank Pym is killed while battling AIM leading to Eric to be the one to defeat M.O.D.O.K declaring himself the new Ant Man.

Last edited:
Not even kidding, I don't think MODOK is as hard to pull off as most think. I mean, he would need to be heavily altered, obviously, but if it were something like this, would it really be so far-fetched?
156b72s.jpg

I mean, Iron Man 3 set up AIM beautifully, and it would be nice for Marvel to use the momentum from this massive crossover universe to make the origin portions of their new franchises move a bit faster.

Not even kidding, I don't think MODOK is as hard to pull off as most think. I mean, he would need to be heavily altered, obviously, but if it were something like this, would it really be so far-fetched?
156b72s.jpg

I mean, Iron Man 3 set up AIM beautifully, and it would be nice for Marvel to use the momentum from this massive crossover universe to make the origin portions of their new franchises move a bit faster.

that's why I wanted them to use A.I.M as the enemy. they could easily substitute George Tarleton (M.O.D.O.K) for the villain from 'To Steal an Ant-Man.' that monstrous look of his might be result of Pym particle exposure-gone-awry. A.I.M scientist might have made the best of it by augmenting him into M.O.D.O.K.

I guess we'll have to see. I'm noncommittal with sequels for Ant-Man. After the initial "gimmick" is explored for a first film, is it sustainable for a second solo film?

I guess we'll have to see. I'm noncommittal with sequels for Ant-Man. After the initial "gimmick" is explored for a first film, is it sustainable for a second solo film?

depends on how the first movie ends. if it pickups with Hank and Jan, they could easily be used as a crime solving duo. think 'Mulder and Scully' or 'Holmes and Watson.' Elias Starr is his Moriarty. Dr. Nemesis is his Alex Krycek.

What I find funny is that Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was what caused them to want to make an Ant-Man movie. And then that show was canceled for Avengers Assemble, which is 'closer' to the MCU so it doesn't feature Ant-Man (and I heard it stinks)

I really liked Ant-man in that show, he was probably my favorite character. I think he could do well with a stand alone sequel, or maybe a Yellowjacket film.

Not it wasn't, the film had been in development by Edgar Wright since around 2007

Not it wasn't, the film had been in development by Edgar Wright since around 2007

Ah, I said that wrong. I meant EMH was an inspiration

On Sunday, Wright revealed a screenshot (shown above) from an episode of Marvel’s animated series ‘Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,’ titled “To Steal an Ant-Man,” on his blog. The shows the first appearance of Scott Lang, who, in the episode, steals Hank Pym’s Ant-Man suit to rob a bank. It seems likely that this’ll be used as inspiration for the coming live-action ‘Ant-Man,’ hitting screens July 31, 2015. It also seems likely that Scott Lang will be used as the main protagonist instead of Hank Pym, and with Paul Rudd in the lead, it’ll surely be an interesting ride.
http://screencrush.com/comic-strip-ant-man-marvel-tv-batman-superman-production/

I'm inclined to agree. I have a feeling Antman and Wasp might work better as supporting characters. That being said, I wouldn't give up on the idea of sequels. There is potential for a series of smaller budget, less extravagant spy/heist movies.

Also the microverse is a whole new universe to explore that won't bump heads with any of the other movies or shows. Maybe even get some micronaut action.
Micronauts-1.jpg

I think Ant Man has to have at least one sequel. A film with Whirlwind introducing Wasp would be preferable. Or a Wasp centered sequel with her facing the villain on her own. Maybe Ant Man is busy with an assignment from the Avengers during the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"