Ant-Man or Ant-Man and the Wasp

Discussion in 'Ant-Man and The Wasp' started by psylockolussus, Jul 8, 2018.

?

You decide

1. Ant-Man (2015)

2. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

The first movie easily. It felt more fresh. I liked the female characters like the Wasp and Ghost were part of the action, and I liked that Janet is finally in the film instead of the cameo but I just wasn't wowed by any of it. I liked Scott becoming the Ant-Man in the first film, like to me it was more meaningful.

2. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

I prefer the second film. I thought it was an improvement in every way except that the first film had a more threatening villain.

3. Speed Force Goober

It's close for me. Gotta see the second one again before fully deciding but there are things about both that I love. As of now I'd say Ant-Man and the Wasp gets the edge because I liked the action better, Wasp and it was just so much fun and funny.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  4. writer0327 Registered

It's real close, but the first film was better IMO.

5. m2k Registered

Part 2 for me. It just seemed more like non-stop entertainment than than 1. Reed did a more masterful job here juxtaposing the chase/action scenes with the Quantum Realm parts than anything he's done in the first movie imo. This had more heart also so that's a plus. Even Ghost and Foster had a certain bond that I wasn't expecting. Enjoyed both, but 2 has the more complete movie going experience in hitting more notes than the first I think.

6. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Part 2. This movie might actually even take Black Panther's spot in my top 5 MCU movies. Any movie where a Hot Wheels Rally Case plays a role in climax resolution is a win for me.

7. SomeOldGuy Registered

It’s a tough choice, so I’ll punt and call it a tie.

Ant-Man was a great introduction to the character and supporting cast, and while I’ve never been a big fan of the “villain with the same powers as the hero” bit, in this case it lent itself to some amazing sequences like the briefcase and toy train fights. It also gets a plus in my book for better use of ants, which seemed to get forgotten in 2.

On the other hand, AM&TW gives us more without being more of the same and has some great sequences of its own. And I like the growing ensemble cast. It feels very Fantastic Four-y to me, and I wasn’t quite expecting that.

8. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I'm going with the first one.

9. samsnee Ok

I like the second more. If you watch the Screen Junkies video where Peyton Reed comments on the Honest Trailer for the first one, you realize how much their hands were tied. The story is so much like Iron Man and hits all the main origin story points that the actors are really what made it likeable.

I like the second just because everyone feels lived into their roles.

10. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I liked this movie overall more than the 1st one. Each have their pros and cons, but this one was more fun and the tie-breaker was watching Ant-Man & Wasp as a team was the biggest highlight for me of either of the 2 movies.

11. FlareKnight Registered

I like this one more. Getting the origin story out of the way let them have more fun. The antagonists worked pretty well, the action was fun, and they could fool around a bit more. Just on a gut feeling level I thought this one worked a bit better.

Not that the first one was bad. But it was just more enjoyable with the having Wasp in there and needing less time dedicated to explaining things.

12. XStreme Skins Registered

They're both around the level of quality but I like Ant-Man a tad more.

13. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Ant-Man was the better movie for me. Was a bit disappointed in the sequel.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  14. Spider-Aziz Vegeta Pose Toshi

After my first view I prefer the first movie.
    Based on that my view can change with latter views, I decided to not vote yet.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

The presence of Wasp makes the difference for me.